Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › meeting location search

meeting location search

Sacramento, CA
Post #: 5
Please help us in the search for a better meeting space that is free or really cheap! Post any leads (or places you've looked into that work work).

-The Unitarian Universalist Society of Sacramento (near CSUS) charges for room use. The cheapest would be $60 (plus deposit) for 4 hours, that would be for a room with rows of chairs. They also have a room that has couches that would seat about 20, and that is $66 for 4 hours.

-Some Raley's have meeting rooms that groups can use for free, but none of the Raleys in the downtown area have these rooms. (The closest is in Natomas, or Fair Oaks. Are those central enough?)

+Downtown Sac libraries don't have meeting rooms but further out libraries do. They are free:
Watt, north of Fair Oaks Blvd.
Stockton Blvd, south of UC Davis med center
Marconi near Howe
and more further out...
The only problem is the times. They close at 6 or 8, but some might let us meet later. I'll call and find out more during the week when they're open. How would people feel about moving the meetings a little earlier, like 6 pm? And then people who wanted to socialize later could move onto a more casual setting.
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Rachael (and all you other heathens),

I don't know about you but I have some suggestions that include food (dinner, please!).

The way it sits with the meetings now is - I leave my office at 5pm and cram some fast food down then sit in my car at the cafe until 7pm meeting time.

I'd much rather meet earlier, say 6pm and possibly at a dinner venue (say ROUNDTABLE PIZZA)...when I was a soccer mom you didn't need to say anything to the personnel, just show up with 20 or so little buggers and take over the back room. As long as you order food - mmmm - you can stay...and it was always at least 2 hours.

There is a Roundtable at Howe and Arden and another at Folsom and 51st...
What say you all?