Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › free Zeitgeist movie

free Zeitgeist movie

Steph of w.
sacgeeks
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 64
There's a movie, Zeitgeist, being shown for free in West Sac tonight (Thursday night) that might be of interest to this membership (details below):

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--
From Conny:

I've seen it on my computer, but would love to see it again on a big screen. Atheists (well, non-Christians anyway) should see it for sure, one way or another; this part about the origin of Christianity is what the review below calls "social control including the manipulation of mythology". Basically they say Christianity is part of a larger mythology, or at least that's how I understand it. VERY interesting documentary!!

--------------------------------------­--------------
Robert McKeown <robert@shiny-object.com> wrote:

Subject: Thursday! Free Screening of Zeitgeist:The Movie!

Thursday, May 1!

Zeitgeist: The Movie
7:00 PM Admission: FREE

Location: 600 4th St, West Sacramento (corner of 4th & F in West Sacramento ).

Courtesy of the same group, WUA, who brought it to you a couple of months ago.

If you missed it before, this is a great opportunity to catch it again. If
you were there before and want to see it again, well here's your chance!

Again, the screening of Zeitgeist is FREE.

About the movie:
"Zeitgeist," produced by Peter Joseph, was created as a nonprofit filmiac
expression to inspire people to start looking at the world from a more
critical perspective and to understand that very often things are not what
the population at large thinks they are. The film examines forms of social
control including the manipulation of mythology, covert military operations
and the manipulation of wealth and the money supply. The film received the
Best Feature Documentary award from the Artivists Film Festival in 2007.
Steph of w.
sacgeeks
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 65
Here's what Conny said after attending, and she provides the link to where to watch it online:

There weren't many people at the Zeitgeist movie tonight, maybe 9 of us. The movie uses the word nontheist rather than atheist. Here's what I think the difference is: Atheists deny the existence of God, but for nontheists, the concept of God is not an issue, not on the radar screen. The movie is 2 hours, but the first 10-15 minutes is boring, so it turns people off. After that they get into the myth of Christianity. It's really all about social control.

You can watch it at : http://www.zeitgeistm...­