addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 5
Wrap your mind around this one guys

(thanks to Nikos for finding this)

http://www.laborright...­

Coltan Industry: Killing real people so you can do it virtually!
A former member
Post #: 5
This is a really interesting discussion for me and I don't know exactly how I feel about it or what can realistically be done to end the suffering. I don't know about the Congo but in most places around the world children choose to take the risk because their families are so devastatingly poor and there are no options for good paying jobs. they can risk dying or injury by working or the other alternative is not working and knowing that you and your family will die of starvation.

vary sad. but even if everyone stopped using cell phone's and computers today these poor children will die if they can not find another job which given that this is the kind of job that's available in these regions, the children may be forst into prostitution or worse to avoid starvation.