Sacramento Valley Permaculture Guild Message Board › $15 Hr

$15 Hr. - 2 Hours - Need to Hire 2 Big Strong Guys to Move 3 Pieces of Furniture Monday Nite 8/13

colleenwhalen
FounderColleen
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 9
I live in Midtown near 17th & G Streets and need to hire two great big strong guys to move three heavy pieces of furniture - a credenza about 200 pounds - a coffee table about 100 pounds - a full size, wood futon frame. I've done the move before and these 3 pieces of furniture require 2 big strong guys to move it. I doubt it would take more than 2 hours - maximum.

MONDAY NITE when it is cooler would be great. I was supposed to vacate my apt Sunday nite, but this week TWO DIFFERENT movers bailed on me and cancelled at the last minute. Maybe it was the heat? That's why I'm willing to do the move at night, when it is much cooler.

I can't afford to hire professional movers - they all have 3 hour minimums and would charge over $300 for this job. It is a relatively easy move and I don't need a truck since I'm just moving from a studio apt to a 1 bedroom in the same building.

Please telephone me ASAP - Monday morning between 9 am and 12 noon the phone company is transferring my landline over to the new apt - if you call and the phone just rings and no tape picks up - try again after 12 noon.

There is a long pause, about a minute after the recorded announcement is done until the BEEP happens. Wait for the BEEP and leave your message.

I really, really need to get this move done no later than Monday nite - but if nobody can do the move until Tuesday nite that would be tolerable - although the sooner the better 'cos my resident mgr wants to show the unit to new tenants and get it RENTED so I'm really under the gun.

I also have TONS of very cool stuff that I would give/barter if you aren't interested in monetary payment. Happy to pay $15 an hour to each mover - but if you want some cool swag instead - this is the place. I loathe holding garage sales - so I'd like to unload some of my stuff I'm not using anymore.

Colleen W 916-448-7841 17th & G Midtown