Sacramento Valley Permaculture Guild Message Board › GMO's Trans Mugenic organisms

GMO's Trans Mugenic organisms

Robert C.
RobertCharland
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 20
OK the more I am finding out about GMO's and the way the government is running cover for these companies makes me feel as though this may be the biggest threat to sustainability and thus even life as we know it. As groups concerned with PERMACULTURE and Organic it seems that we might want to develop an activist division within our groups that can keep people informed and even do some advocacy. You know a voice inside of me says these people (in these groups) as a whole although they may say they care really couldn't be bothered to take a stand. I am trying to ignore that voice right now because as I look to the left of this page there is a statistic telling me that there are 338 people who belong to this (Permaculture) group. There must be a few who would like to be more active and realize that things have radically changed over the last couple of decades. We have entered an era where we have gone beyond what we may have thought our worst nightmares could be say twenty years ago. For those in their twenties, especially early twenties these are the realities of your whole lives. I will link to this film by Gary Nul called "Seeds of Death" http://www.forbiddenk...­ please watch this film.
It is completely possible that this group is not suited to this kind of activism, or really any so-called meet-up group. so easy to join, answer a few questions, a bunch of ones and zeros and your done.
I don't know, I sure don't have all the answers. My purpose here was to start a discussion so I hope that can happen. There are anti Monsanto groups popping up but the more of a plurality of voices the better. Anyone have any ideas?