Sacramento Valley Permaculture Guild Message Board › Fresh Tree Chips for Plant Trades

Fresh Tree Chips for Plant Trades

Jodell B.
user 55885712
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 27
Hello, I have about a full size truck load of freshly cut trees that went through the chipper yesterday. They are on my lawn. I have been transporting as much to my back yard as possible. But there is enough to trade for some plants. I am not sure exactly what type of trees. I think they are Maple trees.
I made a couple of Hugelkulture beds for my Blackberry and Blueberry plants. I am in process with that experiment. Please comment if you have experimented already.

1 Plant per wheelbarrow load. Pick up only.

Wish List Plants:
Trailing Blackberry seedlings
Raspberry seedlings
Sunchokes/Jeruselam Artichokes tubers
Fig tree seedlings
Loquat Seedlings
Tree Kale seedlings
Jade plants

Wishlist other:
Buckets, no cracks
Fabric pots, Smart Pots, Root pots, etc.
Jodell B.
user 55885712
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 28
P.S. I also have very nice worms. I do not count them. But they grow nicely in my strawberry patch which finally died off after the heatwave. My worms have gotten as big as 7-8" in my compost soils. My dogs sometimes dig them up though they do not eat them. So, I see how large they can get. Somehow they live deeper down in the clay soil. Now, my dogs compost a lot of nitrogen so maybe the worms eat that since hardly anything grows in the soil itself, except for Abutilons which love, love, love the dog manure pile a few feet from them. I have a 5' and 12' Abutilons that shade my bedroom window.

I will part with about a large yogurt container of worms within their nice worm castings for a small seedling plant of any type on my wish list. I forgot to add Abutilons. I love them as they are easy to care for and eat my dog wastes.

I also have wood logs, freshly cut.
Jodell B.
user 55885712
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 31
Is this Motivating Enough to Get some Fresh Wood Chips from Fresh Cut Healthy Trees?

http://www.youtube.co...­
Jane Cole J.
user 14205969
Orangevale, CA
Post #: 1
I have multiple five gallon buckets if you are still in need of them. Have seedlings, but not what you want. Tons of borage, hellebores, echinacea, yarrow, asters...
Jodell B.
user 55885712
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 34
Hello,
I still have a few dog bags for wood chips. I am open to borage, buckets. Not sure about adding the others yet as I never have grown them.