San Diego Arduino Enthusiasts Message Board › Need Help with Arduino for Art Project ASAP

Need Help with Arduino for Art Project ASAP

A former member
Post #: 1
I had someone who bailed out on me and just gave me the equipment to do my art piece (great helper). I know nothing about electronics. I'm working with a weight scale. All I want to do is when it is sitting on the floor is have the LED screen compute.. like as if it was finding a "weight", digitally running the clock so to speak.When someone steps on it I want the Error reading to come up.

I have already graphed out/ drawn on paper what nodual (1-12) reads which "8" on the LED Digital Display there are 4. I have the wire, and USB cord with a Arduino UNO to work with but need help with the rest. I've read/viewed tutorials but I can't possibly learn this in a weekend. I live in University Heights, and will come to you with all the equipment needed.

This is the weight scale http://www.target.com/p/Taylor-LED-Digital-Scale/-/A-13504752#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton­

This is the Arduino UNO I'm working with = http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/ArduinoUno_R3_Front.jpg­

This is the LED Screen has this number on the back GC-1052E-Hr with this sticker 999541686JR
This website is in Chinese so it's useless.

Would anyone be willing to help me, teach me how to do this? I can offer a small sum not much I'm a art grad student, but I can offer credits in my art show.

Please let me know, I will give you my email and phone number if you need more details...
Brian H.
bjhanifin
Santee, CA
Post #: 213
I'm just a beginner as well, but after reading this article the easiest part will be determining when someone steps on the scale. These scales typically have one or two buttons on the bottom of their feet. Normally these switches turn the scale on, but you could instead hook one of these switches into the Arduino to tell you when to display the error message.

The hardest part will be figuring out how to make the Arduino change the existing display. Another approach would be to replace the display with a similar display which already has example Arduino code.
A former member
Post #: 2
I have read that article and my scale is a bit different.. that why I want someone to come check it out and help me..