The San Diego Off Leash Meetup Message Board › Non-crowded dog runs

Non-crowded dog runs

amanda l.
user 2521398
San Diego, CA
Post #: 4
I am looking for the location of a dog run/park that is fenced in and not crowded (or not crowded on certain days).

I am taking care of two huskies. One is a little bit of a bully to other dogs so I am not brave enough yet to take him to the regular dog park but running on leash isnt enough exercise for him.

any advice would help.

Thanks
amanda
Cheri
cheramello
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
If you go to the Rancho Coastal Humane Society dog park it is fairly large and never seems to be crowded. Only once when I went there was there a ton of dogs. If it is crowded when you get there you can keep the 'bully' Husky on leash until it clears up. I've noticed there is usually a steady stream of people coming and going.

I hope you are in Del Mar still (in your profile). To get there take the 5N exit at Santa Fe (Not N or S). Gp straight through the light (at the exit light). That road is really small and twisty and will take you through some residential areas. (You will see a Shell gas staion and I think Carl's Jr. on the right). Follow that all the way to the end, it comes to a 'T' then turn left. You will see the sign for the Humane Society it is on the left right before the bridge to go over the freeway. The dogpark is all the way in the back, you can drive through there is parking back there.

However, they have limited hours! :o( They are open T/TH from 2-5pm; and S/S from 11am-5pm.. But it is worth a try. Sunday is usually less crowded than Saturday.

Hope this helps!
Cheri (and Cheyenne) smile