This event is currently hosted here on our new website http://localphotoclasses.com/events/photography-learn-a-thon/ but you can register either way.
Photography is art and meant to get you to think differently and that is exactly what we are doing with this “Photography Learn-a-Thon.” Our core values as a company are education, community, innovation and purpose and it is with these core values we designed this event.
There is no better way to learn photography than teaching it to your peers. This is something that has made me a substantially better photographer. By teaching others you gain a perspective like none other and it is a very exciting way to learn.
The objective of the event is to have you create instructional content that makes you a better photographer and improves your fellow peers’ photography and to have fun doing it.
Your experience will include actively asking questions about photography that you would like answers to and working in a group with your peers to answer those questions. Together you will collaborate on the best way to answer a question, whether it is by writing it out, taking corresponding photos or shooting a quick video.
Now I know you are thinking “I am not a professional photographer, I don’t know anything about photography, how can I possibly answer a question?” Well that is the best part and why we put you into groups. We pair people up based on their experience level and make sure each group has a beginner, intermediate and experienced photographer. We will also have professionals and instructors at the event assisting all of the groups to make sure they are the right track and to help them with any means necessary.
What you need to know:
• The whole event could last between 3-4 hours so please be prepared.
• Yes food and drinks will be provided. We will have food and drinks so your brains can stay active and focused on the tasks at hand.
• Bring your camera and laptop/iPad/computer and anything think you might want to use. Keep in mind that you will have to take pictures at some point and present your answers digitally to the group.
• All of the content produced by you and your group will be posted on our blog with photo and content credits to each person in the group.
• Get ready to make some friends, enjoy a day of learning photography and come ready with questions you might want answers too.
• OH & the whole thing is FREE!
Don’t miss out on this opportunity it is going to be loads of fun and we have lots of surprises to keep you engaged and having a good time. Sign up here http://localphotoclasses.com/events/photography-learn-a-thon/