NOTE: This event is not affiliated with SFCMGR, but we're big fans of the book Deepening Community. I believe it is hosted by their publisher, Berrett-Koehler, who are a wonderful community of people working towards a better future.
FREE Webinar! Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/15583734985416193
Membership to a strong community has the capacity to improve our physical, mental, and economic health, as well as our overall sense of happiness and fulfillment. In short, everyone benefits from a strong community. It's in our DNA.
So how do we create a deep community in an age where we've learned to value keeping mostly to ourselves, only occasionally seeing our friends and relatives? Bestselling author of Stewardship Peter Block joins us for a discussion on the subject of community with Deepening Community author and founder of the Tamarack Institute, Paul Born.
In the chaos of the world that we live in, with environmental, economic, social uncertainties, it is only natural to join together out of fear of what lies ahead. Fear shapes our communities in interesting and powerful ways and Born invites us to explore these ideas with him. In this webinar, we’ll discuss:
• How to identify a “deep” community over a shallow one
• What leaders and organizers stand to gain from a stronger community whose members focus on serving each other
• Examples of stewardship and deep community in action …and more!
• Block and Born will share their thoughts in dialogue for 45 minutes, followed by a 15-minute Q & A session between listeners and our speakers.
• BONUS: Everyone who signs up for this webinar will receive a discount code in your email for 40% off your next order from our website!