Join us for a fun walk/hike on Angel Island. Together, we will explore all that this great state park has to offer & have an opportunity to experience an amazing way to see the beautiful views of the San Francisco Bay from sea level. It's a perfect way to enjoy the San Francisco Bay views and visit some of the island's best landmarks. Have a great time socializing while meeting new friends & enjoy lots of fun & laughter. Members in the group are always nice & friendly. We always have a lot of fun whenever we all get together with a couple of other meetup groups also invited. So join in on the fun! We look forward to seeing you there!
We will meet at front steps of the Pier 41 Ferry Terminal for a quick meet & greet before we hop on the ferry to Angel Island at 9:45 am. On the island, we will walk/hike around the paved "Perimeter Road" & take a counter clockwise route around Angel Island where we will witness some of the islands most beautiful natural habitat & points of interest: Ayala Cove, Battery Drew, Quarry Beach. Angel Island offers a retreat to tranquility surrounded by some of the most picturesque & breathtaking views of the San Francisco Bay. No matter where on the island, there will be magnificent views of the lands surrounding all around the S.F. Bay. It's quite a distance & a few hills, so you will get a pretty good workout. We end the walk/hike at 4:10 pm to take the ferry back to San Francisco - Pier 41 where we will head for some tasty Asian food in the local area.
• HOW TO FIND US: Meet at the "front steps" of the Pier 41 Marine Terminal (Blue & Gold Fleet) at the corner of The Embarcadero & Powell Street (next to Pier 39). If you may be running late, you can meet us on the ferry departing at 9:45 am. But, please plan accordingly, this is the only ferry to the island.
• DRESS ATTIRE: No special shoes are required. It can be very windy & temperatures can change quickly, so layers of clothing is advised. This is a family friendly area & a moderate hike that may be a little steep in a few places. It is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area & well maintained by the U.S. Park Service and Coast Guard.
• LUNCH/SNACKS/WATER: The cafe hours on Angel Island is sporadic so before meeting up at Pier 39, be sure to grab your lunches, drinks & snacks or whatever you may need for our exploration on the island. Just a couple blocks away from Pier 39 @ Bay Street & Powell Street is a variety of markets, delis, stores, cafes, etc. in and around the North Point Shopping Center.
• LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: This is a beginning intermediate to intermediate walk. We will be going at a moderate pace with some rest stops for photos.
AFTER URBAN HIKE/DINNER: Dessert, Coffee, Drinks &/or Karaoke!
• FERRY FARES: $17 Per Adult (Round-trip) - Pay at the ferry ticket kiosk.
(Round-trip fare on ferry includes park entrance fee to Angel Island State Park.)
• ORGANIZER FEE: An advanced fee of $2 is required via Paypal to join this event. (Or please message me if you would like to pay in person.) Please send payment as GIFT under the "personal" tab to:
REFUNDS: A refund is offered if the Meetup is cancelled or is rescheduled. Credit is given if the member changes their RSVP before the start of the event & may be used for future events with this organizer. Thank you!
PARKING INFO: We usually get some late-comers because of parking issues. Parking is difficult in this busy touristy area unless you want to park at the parking lots. I would highly recommend public transportation if at all possible. But, if you need to drive in, here is a link for parking garages in the area:
PLEASE NOTE: Out of courtesy, if you can't make the event & have RSVPd "YES", please let the event host & group members know by changing your RSVP to "No" -- instead of doing a "No Show." (We appreciate the notice even if it is a last minute change.) Thank you for your cooperation!
NO-SHOW & CANCELLATION POLICY -- Please be courteous & considerate to all members involved in this event by cancelling at least by 12noon on the day of the event. Members with habitual NO-SHOWS & LATE CANCELLATIONS (3 or more) may not be welcomed back to these events.
IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ -- Liability Waiver:
Every member is responsible for his/her own safety on all events. Your RSVP to attend confirms that you have read and agree to our Liability Waiver below.
Participating in this event is entirely voluntary and you are responsible for your own safety. When you RSVP "yes" for this event, you are confirming that you understand and accept the risks, dangers and hazards of any outdoor activity and you are releasing and discharging any organizers & event hosts of the meetup group against any liability that arises from your participation in our group or its activities. Our guides are volunteers with no special training or qualifications. They are friends/members showing you around a place that they enjoy. They are not responsible for your safety or actions or anyone else’s.
You can find a link to Meetup.com’s TERMS OF SERVICE located on the bottom of every page on the Meetup site (click on Privacy & Terms--now 2 separate links). When you first created a Meetup Account, you were asked to agree to these terms. They cover what's considered appropriate use and behavior on the platform for both Organizers and Members. This includes a waiver of liability that extends to individual group organizers and the right of group organizers to govern their groups and remove members at any time. If you feel you've seen something inappropriate on the Meetup site, please forward the evidence to [masked].