addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Francisco Random Adventurers 20s-30s Message Board › Reminders for Roping Course Tomorrow

Reminders for Roping Course Tomorrow

Apryl
user 36381382
San Francisco, CA
Hey all!

I just wanted to send out a reminder to everyone to fill out the release form and bring it to the event, otherwise you may not be able to do the course.

The following is a pdf of the release form:

http://www.pliprograms.org/images/PDF/FRM_PLIReleaseForm.­

What to Wear: The weather looks like it will be nice tomorrow but you may want to bring a sweater or jacket just in case.

The website says" We recommend that you wear tennis shoes or light-hiking boots, loose fitting long pants, long sleeved shirts, a sweater and a warm jacket.  Even in the summer the air can be quite cool at Fort Miley, a wool hat and mittens/gloves may add to your comfort.Please do not bring: large belt buckles, jewelry, wristwatches, knives, radios, chewing gum."

Please bring water and any food if you want as this will be a very physical activity. Also try and eat a good and hardy breakfast so that you will have enough energy for the course (assuming it is tough).

Time: You should be at the lawn area by 12:45pm but the course begins at 1pm. I don't know what will happen if you are late because I have never done this before, so please try to be on time/early.

Directions: We will meet on the lawn area ( the directions to get there are below in the "by car" section) where the leaders are supposed to meet us.

By car: In San Francisco, go west on Geary Blvd towards Ocean Beach and turn right onto El Camino del Mar (at 48thAve across from the Seal Rock Inn).  Past the stop sign, on El Camino Del Mar, the course is in the trees on the right.  Park in the Marine Memorial Parking lot and walk up the service road (the first road in the trees) past the Ropes Course, to the lawn area.  Your leaders will meet you there.

By bus: The course is also accessible via the MUNI 38 Geary/Point Lobos line.  At the end of the line will leave you to at 48th Avenue and the Seal Rock Inn.  Walk north, across the street towards the parking lot, and proceed as noted above. (NOTE: all other lines on the 38 will take you further away…38/Ft Miley line leave you close at the VA Hospital and the 38/Ocean Beach line ends by the Golden Gate Park)

Please feel free to give me or German ( another Organizer and my hot boyfriend) a call if you can't find us.

Me (Apryl) : (951)972-9479

German: (805) 588-5501

In case you don't reach either of us you may want to call the organizations number or post a comment on the event page and someone will try to get back to you if possible.

Organization phone number: 415-405-3737

Cheers!

-Apryl ( AKA: The little mermaid)