addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Diego 9/11 Truth Message Board › Rediscover the Idea of Humanity

Rediscover the Idea of Humanity

A former member
Post #: 3
Happy Belated Independence Day, to you 911 Truthers!

Last week I did my civic duty for Jury Duty and the Judge overseeing it all (who is amazingly in his 36th year of serving as a San Diego Judge), well this Judge recommended a great book for all to read there were about 100 people there.

The book is "The Constitution in 2020." From what I've read so far I do find the book very thorough and has great information about what the authors see as ways to protect our basic constitution. Most of the authors in the book are attorneys or teachers of law. It's a good way to understand how some of the new laws and acts written what the problems with them are, etc.

I thought the chapter written on “Strategies of the Weak”Thinking Globally and Acting Locally toward a
Progressive Constitutional Vision written by david cole, is a great read for 911 Truthers.

Read to the end of the chapter and the author puts it brilliantly when he says, we need to "rediscover the idea of humanity."

http://www.constituti...­

http://www.constituti...­

Thanks!

Diane
Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
Post #: 351
Haven't read these yet, but my first thought is how easily the law succumbs to the will of powerful people. Even the most straightforward of our founding tenets has been violated and cast aside like any other unwanted truth. It seems the law is only as powerful as the people wielding it, albeit irresistible in its promises to be greater than that.
Laura
user 3294782
San Diego, CA
Post #: 430
thanks for the recommendation Diane! ...great chapter title, I'm looking forward to reading it.

I too have recently had a positive experience with a superior court judge. ...it is very reassuring, especially with all the bad news we get these days about deep corruption at every branch of your government.

(...like that crazy sheriff guy that pepper sprayed a 60 yr. old woman at a Francine Busby fund raiser in Rancho Santa Fe ...geezz)