San Diego Foodies™ Message Board › Note from Chef Marian

Note from Chef Marian

Chef M.
chefmarian
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
The most incredible thing has happened! I actually have some footage to show you from our February Cooking Show. It's not totally edited but it gives you the 'flavor' of the show, gives you a taste of the fun and frolicking and shows my sponsors that it's worth SPONSORING my Cooking Show. (Build it and they will come.... Field of Dreams). http://vimeo.com/37047220­

Aside from that, I now have a blog up thanks to Assistant Organizer Anita Cohen-Williams who traded me cooking lessons for the help. She also has an SEO Company and I understand she is brilliant. That certainly was my experience with the WordPress Blog. Unlike me, she really enjoys understanding processes through the written word. (I would much rather have 'hands on' training than to have to read to figure something out myself). If you have need for her expertise, email her right from our members tab.

Meanwhile you can see her work AND my new blog by logging onto http://chefmarian.com/­ to see more recipes, hear more rants and view my latest pictures and comments about a pop up Restaurant in Los Angeles called Ludobites.

Assistant Organizer Catherine Rogers and I raced up to LA for a quick overnight last Friday. We met up with some Los Angeles Meetup Members (Andree and Anna from Pleasure Palate). And whooo hooo! It was a night worth remembering. I hope you enjoy my blog and bookmark it! And if you want to 'Like it'? That will help me as a Cooking Show Chef.

You will notice at the end of the blog, I am asking you to email Chef Ludo to let him know you would like him to be on the Chef Marian Cooking Show. (Won't THAT be a great night for all of us)!

I appreciate if you are comfortable enough to take a couple of minutes and cut and paste the pre-written message and send it to him (or create your own). Ludo! Ludo! Ludo! lol

There's one more seat left for our March 3rd event. And if you have a +1, go ahead and sign up. If you go into the wait list, I will get you in!

Sometime later this week, I will have the locations for you. It should be a wonderful night out as most of our events have been (even when the venue hasn't been that great). We just seem to attract a wonderful group of people.... a nice mix of singles and couples, most fairly accomplished in life.

Our 'game plan' going forward is to select 4 really good restaurants in or near: Downtown, Mission Bay, La Jolla/Del Mar and Carlsbad. As those locations 'sure up', I will let you know the 4 exact cities. We are kicking off these events on March 3rd, bringing you Wine Dinners with deep discounts on bottles and cases of the wine we present and beautiful tastings from each restaurant (so that you get a sampling, instead of just one dish once a month), getting to rotate these great restaurants and continously return (4 times a year). I'm also going to keep the cost down to what it costs for restaurant week. $30-$40 plus tax and tip.

Phase two: we will add 4 other restaurants from Hillcrest, North Park, Old Town, Carmel Valley. Now, if we find a great restaurant that is out of these areas, we will consider them as well. If you have a favorite restaurant that has a separate 'party' room that seats 20-30 people, please let me know about it!

And if you have ideas for under $20.00 dinners, and would like to be an Assistant Organizer and help create even less expensive events, I welcome your energy, your time, and your efforts!

Meanwhile my daughter is in New Orleans enjoying Mardi Gras! I hope in your own way, you are celebrating your life too!

Best,

Chef Marian