San Diego (Mostly) Beach Volleyball Meetup Message Board › Ballin for the Fallen, Fund Raiser in Long Beach! April 23rd
|A former member||
On April 23rd, Long Beach Volleyball is hosting a tournament to help raise funds for the victims of the Earthquake and Tsunami that devastated Northern Japan. Our goal is to bring out as many volleyball enthusiasts as possible. Your contribution and participation in the event will help the fallen people of Japan get back on there feet again.
...* Cost - To participate, your entry to play is $30 before April 14th. ($35 befor...e April 21st.). T-Shirts are not guaranteed after if payment is made after April 14th. Registration at the tournament will be allowed, but not recommended due to our limited player capacity for this event. By pre-registering, you will help us create balanced teams and brackets for pool play, and order T-shirts and food accordingly.
* Payment - Please make Check or Money Order out to:
5318 East 2nd Street. Unit 380,
Long Beach, CA 90803
PayPal is provided, but should be requested in your Facebook Event Confirmation for the tournament or via e-mail. A receipt will be provided to all participants the day of the tournament or prior if payment is made in person at the Granada Vball Courts to Roman or Daniel during weekend play. Additional T-Shirts will be available for $20, but be sure to make payment in advance (using the same payment method). You're guaranteed to get the size you want this way.
* Format - There will be two divisions - Advanced/Intermediate and Intermediate. Players will be assigned a new team each game and have six games of pool play. Advanced/Intermediate players will play four games of 4's and two games of Doubles. Intermediate division will only play the 4's format. Games will be to 21 and capped at 25.
* Skill Rating - We will have a fairly good idea of your skill level for those of you local to Long Beach Volleyball. However, if you feel like we've misjudged your abilities whether better or worse than once thought, PLEASE Approach us before the start of pool play. We'll do our very best to accommodate you. If you are new to Long Beach Volley Ball, welcome! We are excited to have you! We will rate you based your volleyball experience (indoor/outdoor) and may ask you to play out a point or two with a few other players prior to the tournament. The idea is to match everyone with compatible players and to make competition fair for all.
*Playoffs - Based on points accumulated during pool play, Top 8 men and women in their respected divisions will advance to the playoffs. Time permitting, there will be a championship game for both divisions.
* Prizes - 1st Place for Men's and Women's in the Advanced / Intermediate and Intermediate divisions receive AVP Volleyballs and gift certificates for local venues in the Long Beach area. All 2nd and 3rd place finishers receive beach gear and coupon vouchers for local dining.
* Entertainment - We will have a DJ playing music throughout the day. If you are one of those people who dance out loud, well, we welcome that too. For all you Die Hard Volley ball players, we'll also have a couple volleyball drills that test your serving and hitting accuracy. Prizes will be awarded to the top finishers in each drill.
* Special Additions - There will be a Photographer at the event. The images captured will be available to you through Facebook and will be displayed and given to you at Daniel's Photography Exhibit debuting Saturday April 30th.
* Specials - Players also receive a discount voucher for Roman's Photography and other Restaurants in Long Beach
If you are unable to register for the tournament, but would like to play, we'd love to have you come out and show your support.. We'll have a court open for 'free play' throughout the day.
Should you need any additional information kindly contact Roman via e-mail "Roman.Flash@Gmail.Com" or SMS at 714.916.3808.
Thank you, Daniel & Roman.
Long Beach Volleyball
P.S. If you confirm your attendance & I am not friends with you, kindly send me an add request so I can send you message & any last minute changes without being blocked. I won't mind if you remove me once the Tournament is over. Thank you, Roman.