Santa Clarita Valley Wine Enthusiasts Message Board › End of the year thoughts and getting ready for 2013 help needed!

End of the year thoughts and getting ready for 2013 help needed!

Douglas
user 10209037
Group Organizer
Valencia, CA

Hi all SCV Wine Enthusiasts

I hope that with the end of the year rapidly approaching you can reflect with a smile, knowing that no matter what challenges were presented to you, that you indeed, were able to have enjoyed some amazing wine, tasted delicious food, partook in stimulating conversation, and made some great new friends, with are fun loving group!

In preparation for 2013 I am already working on our calendar for many events.  As many already know I now have my Real Estate Broker’s license and am now back in the profession full time.  Yeah, does this mean less attention to SCV Wine Enthusiasts?  Not at all!  I am looking at doubling the amount of events we did last year and doing many new events, while bringing back some of our past favorites.  So please, please, please, send me an email with ideas.  I need a lot of input to see where to put our energy.

Some things that will be right around the corner will be our third Paella event, day trips to Santa Ynez, Santa Barbara, Paso, etc….   Also, I am currently working on dinners where wine and food are beautifully married, along with our very popular study groups. So again send me your thoughts via email to Douglasgouldscv@aol.com­ or just call me at 661 472-0809 and be a part of setting the course for us to enjoy.

Also if anyone knows some Wine Enthusiasts out there that have not joined us yet, please encourage them to do so.  The more members we have the bigger and different kind of events we can put together.  Just have them go to SCVWineEnthusiasts.com and join.  It is that easy. 

Finally, as many of you know my computer died from alcohol overdose during our Halloween Wine adventure.  I put forth a request for a lil help to recover from that unfortunate happening.  I had many people send across a donation to help, along with some great emails.  Although, the monetary loss to me was still high, my spirit and affirmation that I am surrounded by so many wonderful people was fully reinforced.  A very Grateful Thank You to all who responded.

Keep an eye out for perhaps one last small event before years end.  I am trying to pull it together here soon.

If I don’t see you before, have an amazing Christmas, Hanukah, New Years, or anything else you might want  to celebrate, with of course, a lil bit of Wine.

Cheers,

Doug