add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Scala Developers Barcelona Message Board › Scala SOAP platforms

Scala SOAP platforms

Ivan L.
user 70660132
Barcelona, ES
Post #: 1
There is an interesting debate going on the scala-user google group list about the maturity level of Scala related platforms. “Maturity level” means here the convenience of deploying a solution of that kind on “big and old real businesses” and integrate it with legacy systems.

It is indeed an interesting debate and I recommend you to make a complete reading of it. Anyway there is a commented topic that has driven my attention: sooner than late when you deploy a Scala based solution on a company that has acquired enough momentum to have several information systems dispersed among their IT infrastructure, you have to deal with their integration. More than usual this means dealing with SOA platforms and SOAP for B2B cooperation.

Nonetheless there is no a pure Scala SOAP platform of my known. In your opinion, which solution fits better for a SOA Scala based solution , in order to expose and consume some functionality using SOAP and some WS* standards (Security, Transaction, etc..) ?

I’m not proficient in Java and I suppose that any SOAP library on the JVM shouldn’t fit that scenario, hence my question.