Scentsational Dogs in the Redwood City Area Message Board › Meetup information for meetups on Sat, 8/ and Wed, 8/

Meetup information for meetups on Sat, 8/ and Wed, 8/

Sue P.
user 54775982
Group Organizer
Redwood City, CA
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have not gotten to respond to your posts and emails sooner. I have had some major computer problems. I will definitely work on responding more promptly in the future.

Nose Work is an exciting dog sport that appeals to a wide variety of dogs and people!
It is appropriate for 8 week old puppies, adolescent dogs, active dogs, senior dogs, etc.

I was waiting to announce the location of these first two meetups, based on several factors:
-- how many people and dogs might be attending?
-- what info might be shared about the dogs and people who are attending?

Please feel free to repond here about your dogs to the group, or send a private email, if you prefer.
* any training or other information about you and your dogs you may wish to share, publicly or privately.

There some factors which might be helpful to share ahead, for each dog attending:
*amount of previous training?
*easy or difficult to control when excited, fearful, in a group vs alone, etc?
* confident, hesitant, reactive,
* puppy, adolescent, senior.
* recovering from injury

Note:
One of the advantages of participating in Nose Work games, is that each dog works one at a time.
Please note:It is the responsibility of the owner/handler to keep their dog under control at all times. If there is some concern about handling your dog, please contact me prior to the meetup.

Please note: dogs "in season"
Dogs "in season" may attend meetups, IF they are wearing "panties."
Any dogs "in season" will get their turn to play a nose work game after other dogs have had their turn.
Any owner/ handler of a dog "in season" must notify me prior to, or at least at the beginning of the event.
They also realize and accept that there is a risk to bringing their dogs out in a public location while their dog is in season.

Tomorrow, I will send out information, including some paperwork and the location, to those members who will be attending the two posted Meetups. We will be meeting in a local park.

Looking forward to playing Nose Work games!

Sue