The zoo after hours is a lively place! Get a backstage tour of the Oregon Zoo in Portland on the evening of Saturday, September 13, 2014. This adults-only event will allow you to explore the exhibits, interact with animals, and get a peek at what happens at the zoo after dark.
When: Saturday, September 13, 2014
- Saturday at 4:45pm: Arrive at Gate E in the Oregon Zoo parking lot
- Event ends at 10:00 pm
Where: Oregon Zoo in Portland, OR, http://www.oregonzoo.org/
Cost: $40 - Register online (Note: Choosing Yes on the Meetup RSVP does NOT register you for the event! You must pay online in advance at the link above.)
YOU MUST REGISTER AND PAY TO COME TO THIS EVENT! MARKING YOUR RSVP TO "YES" IS NOT ENOUGH.
What you get:
- Access to the Oregon Zoo after hours
- Hospital behind-the-scenes tour
- Animal kitchen tour
- Big cats tour and/or elephant tour
- Bats activity
- Contact experience with reptiles
- Adults only, ages 18 and over please.
- EAT DINNER BEFORE YOU ARRIVE! There will be a small snack partway through the evening, but there will be no dinner served.
- There is no smoking or alcohol allowed anywhere on the Oregon Zoo property.
- There is limited availability for this trip with a maximum of 75 people.
- Transportation to or from the Oregon Zoo is not included.
- This is Oregon and we will be mostly outside, so please plan for rain if it seems likely.
- We will spend several hours walking and standing, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- It's not strictly necessary, but you may want to bring a small flashlight or headlamp for walking around after dark.
Payment of $40 per person is due upon registration, first come, first served. Registration and payment can be made online through Seat Engine, or in person by cash, check, or credit card. Contact us for details.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 5:00pm on Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- Participants who have to cancel are highly encouraged to find a replacement
- The $40 per person payment is fully refundable if canceled at least 30 calendar days in advance
- If canceled between 15-30 calendar days in advance, 50% of the payment will be refunded
- If canceled 1-15 calendar days in advance, no payment will be refunded
- No amount will be refunded on account of weather and/or circumstances outside of the organizer's control
See photos of the Science Behind the Scenes: Oregon Zoo event held on April 19, 2014.
Science Behind the Scenes is run by Via Productions, LLC http://www.viaproductions.org/
*Photo credit: Asian elephant calf Lily and her big brother Samudra play in a sand pile at the Oregon Zoo. ©Oregon Zoo/ photo by Kathy Street