align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Scrabble Enthusiasts of (Greater) Boston Message Board › New Meetup: Scrabble & Word Games Potluck Part Deux

New Meetup: Scrabble & Word Games Potluck Part Deux

Quinten
user 9980941
Group Organizer
Cambridge, MA
Announcing a new Meetup for Scrabble Enthusiasts of Boston!

What: Scrabble & Word Games Potluck Part Deux
When: Friday, May 6, 2011 7:30 PM

Where: Quinten's House
Massachusetts 2A at Massachusetts 16
Cambridge, MA 02474

Why: By popular demand!

The polls have spoken--by a small but consistent margin, Friday May 6th is the most popular day for a Scrabble potluck.

The word games fun will start around 7:30, but you are welcome to come even if you can't make it until later.

Please bring a dish to pass, appetizer, dessert, snack or beverage, and (optionally) your favorite word game! I'll have three Scrabble boards and several other word-related games: Bananagrams, Snatch, Quiddler, Upwords. I will also provide some vegetarian appetizers and drinks to go with whatever others are bringing.

When you RSVP, let us know what you'll be bringing. Take a look at what others are bringing when you decide what to bring yourself!

Probably the most people my apartment can fit is in the neighborhood of 20, so I'm going to limit the RSVPs to that number for now. If it's a nice night we can expand to the outdoors. There will be a waitlist--please do RSVP even if you'll be on the waitlist, as it is likely that everyone will be able to attend. If we're just a little over I'll open it up. Directions will be sent out during the week before the event to folks who are planning to attend.

My apartment is about 5 minutes from the Alewife stop on the Red Line or a shorter walk from the 77 bus. There is plenty of resident-only parking and some parking open to everyone just a block or two away.

Check it out!