Hi Culture Connoisseurs!
*Please note that if you purchase a ticket at the door, you will enter at 1st & University by the Hammering Man. You will need to take the escalator up 1 level to get to the meeting point at the 1st & Union Entrance.
Join us for another Remix, a late-night creative explosion that takes over the entire Seattle Art Museum (SAM) a few times each year! The admission price includes activities, performances, music, dancing, and the chance to see The Dorothy and Herbert Vogel Collection: Fifty Works for Fifty States. Dorothy and Herbert Vogel were a couple of modest means who amassed a collection of thousands of pieces of art over the years establishing them as respected art collectors in the art world. Learn more about the couple and their collection here: http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/exhibit/exhibitDetail.asp?eventID=21946, http://vogel5050.org/
SAM is offering our group $5 off the price of an adult ticket (regularly $25). Enter the promo code saceremix0613 and feel free to share with friends. Become a SAM member to purchase tickets for only $12. Tickets can be purchased here http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/calendar/calendar.asp?month=5&day=7&year=2013.
Remix events have sold out in the past so please purchase your tickets ASAP!
Here is the Remix Lineup:
"Curate your night of performances, activities, dancing and more—exploring the practice of art collecting and the Modern art exhibition The Dorothy and Herbert Vogel Collection: Fifty Works for Fifty States—at this late-night, creative explosion.
The night's activities include:
- DJ Riz spins soul, pop, hip hop, and more to keep you movin’ all night long.
- The dynamic choreography of Seattle’s Alchemy Tap Project, ranging from jazz to electronic and hip hop—styles as diverse as SAM’s collections
- Stop by the Rec Room to play a collection of games, including a giant game of Twister, group Pictionary and Modern Art Bingo.
- Make small edition trading cards with artist Janet Fagan.
- Design jewelry rooted in clean forms of color and shape inspired by the Minimalist works in Fifty Works for Fifty States with artist Teri Rau.
- Get down to dj100proof's distinctive blend of funk, hip-hop, boogie and R&B.
- Put your artistic eye to the test in a photo scavenger hunt in SAM’s collections for a chance to win free tickets to upcoming exhibition Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion.
- Grab a free Remix tote and build a collection of art created with an array of local artists in booths at the Mini Fair. Created with Seattle artist Joey Veltkamp, featuring Sharon Arnold, Nola Avienne, the Bureau of Drawers, Celeste Cooning, Harold Hollingsworth, Sean Johnson, Kristen Ramirez, and more.
- Seattle Opera BRAVO! Club presents: Bass-Baritone Danny Oakden and pianist Elisabeth Ellis perform live in the galleries. In minimalist style, this performance celebrates the essence of operatic form – the power of the human voice.
- SAM Performs: Modern dance by Salt Horse live in the galleries
- Experience the galleries in new and unexpected ways with highly opinionated tours led by neon artist Dylan Neuwirth, arts writer and goer Jeremy Buben, New York artist Heather Hart and more!
Get minimal. First 50 dressed in monochrome get in free."
Hope to see you there!
"Like" Seattle Arts and Cultural Events on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/seattleartsandculturalevents
and follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/SeaArtCultEvent