Hi Culture Connoisseurs!
Remix is a fun evening of activities, performances, music, dancing, and a chance to see Miró: The Experience of Seeing! http://seattleartmuseum.org/exhibit/exhibitDetail.asp?eventID=25711
Tickets cost $25 for Adults and $12 for SAM members and can be purchased here: http://seattleartmuseum.org/calendar/eventDetail.asp?eventID=27531&month=1&day=21&year=2014&sxID=&WHEN=
Here is the event description from the website:
"No two Remix events are the same! This late-night creative explosion bursts at the seams with performances, talks, art making, dancing and more, celebrating Miró: The Experience of Seeing and SAM's collection.
The night's activities include:
• Dancing to a surrealistic composition of genres with DJ OCnotes.
• Create a mixed media postcard collage with artist Romson Bustillo that calls attention to your story or cause inspired by LaToya Ruby Frazier: Born by a River.
• 3rd Shift Dance featuring choreographers Olds, Vandermay, and Young bring their Wrecking Ball series to SAM to explore the boundaries between audience participation and the creative process in contemporary jazz.
• Transform your 2-D creativity into a 3-D sculpture with artist Tariqa Waters.
• Flamenco Seattle will stop you in your tracks with their melodic structure and rhythmic dancing.
• ilvs strauss' slide narratives will construct a new reality at Remix. Using found slides, she will explore the lines between truth/fiction, fantasy/reality, and convince you of the truth in every story.
• Experience the galleries in new and unexpected ways with My Favorite Things: Highly Opinionated Tours led by artists, community figures and special guests:
- Ali el-Gasseir, co-Artistic Director for Washington Ensemble Theater and local playwright
- Naomi Wachira, Seattle based singer/songwriter
- Rodrigo Valenzuela, video artist, photographer, and 2013 Stranger Genius Award for Art winner
- Ella Dorband, playwright, art collector, and dance enthusiast
- Joselynn Tokashiki Engstrom, Managing Director and Co-founder of Acrobatic Conundrum
Back to the Basics. First 50 wearing all three primary colors and only the three primary colors get in for FREE."
For more tips on where to go and what to do in Seattle, "Like" Seattle Arts and Cultural Events on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/seattleartsandculturalevents and follow us on Twitter @SeaArtCultEvent