addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Bootstrappers Message Board › Challenge: Name your Challenges

Challenge: Name your Challenges

Brook R.
user 26757662
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA

Hey there, Bootstrappers!

First off: Thank you for joining this meetup group! I've been amazed and very excited by the response: nearly 50 members with almost 20 people planning to attend our first gathering this Thursday evening! Initially, I'd suspected 3 or 4 other people would want to join me in discussing how to launch a business on the side... So it seems like we are on to something bigger! Which is really great. The stronger our group, the more experience and resources we have to tap into, to share with each other to keep us all moving towards that dream of building our own destiny and scaling our own income.

Please be sure to invite friends and any one else who might be interested in joining us. Just post this link on Twitter or Facebook, or better yet, email it along to fellow bootstrapper:

http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Bootstrappers/­

And speaking of sharing our experiences and resources, I thought a great part of every meetup would be identifying the questions and struggles that we might have, and presenting them as challenges to the group. Others in the group may have valuable insights (or might have addressed a specific issue themselves previously?) and might be able to offer some wisdom. To that end, I've created a form to collect questions. So please, check out this form, and tell us a little about what you find most challenging in your bootstrapping process:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDA4YTljSnZjR0owNFMxQXU0SkQxVXc6MQ­

(submissions are anonymous, but of course you are welcome to identify yourself when we discuss it)

Get your questions in now, and Thursday night we will tackle them as a group to see what we can do to assist you. I know I'm looking forward to hearing if any one has any good tips for handling basic business administration tasks!

We will be nailing down the venue today, so look for an update shortly. Thanks for your patience with this... We had to know about how many people to expect in order to pick a proper location! If you have any last minute suggestions, get them in now.

I'm looking forward to meeting each of you, and hearing about what you are up to, wherever you may be in your business-building process. Really hope you can make it on Thursday, 7pm!

Here's to a ever-stronger community of independent biz-builders in Seattle!

—brook riggio