Seattle Bootstrappers Message Board › More info on 30x500 and some tentative Round 2 plans

More info on 30x500 and some tentative Round 2 plans

Brook R.
user 26757662
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA

Hi Friends!

I'm working on putting together our second gathering—looking at the first or second Monday in November, looking at what might be a cool U-District location. More info on that coming soon!

At our first meeting, a number of people asked me how I made the transition to working on my own products. The long answer is here, but the short answer is: 30x500.

If you were able to see the screen or hear me when I gave that short presentation at our last meet up (good work, both of you!), you might have noticed a few references to the 30x500 online course I took last year. Offered by experienced bootstrapper and product builder Amy Hoy, the course takes a simple formula (finding just 500 people from the great wide Internet to subscribe to a $30/mo product = good income!) and presents systematic, repeatable steps to build a successful business.

Enrollment is currently open, and since it applies to nearly everything we'll likely be talking about in this group, it seemed a review would be helpful to offer some insight in case any here is interested in taking the course:

http://decielo.com/blog/articles/53/30x500-making-the-internet-even-more-awesome­

There you will find some highlights from the things I learned, and how it has already affected my income and long term plans for the future. (also: that discount code)

But you don't have to take my word for it. Amy has posted a bunch of free lessons from the course, and one fantastic video she developed for the curriculum. See for yourself if it is something that fits with your current needs... and don't miss the video! It really is helpful for anyone on the product-business building journey:

http://unicornfree.co...­

Hope that's helpful to anyone who is unsure about marketing, or ready for a rigorous approach to business creation. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

See you soon!

—brook riggio

{ @brookr: 206-853-89737 }

PS: Really, find time to watch the video. Totally worth it.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Brook Riggio,

I have read Amy's free Lesson 26, 'Ho! What a Worldview'. I found it well designed, presenting aptly an unique perspective of a clear marketing reality of the WWW. A very good conversation venue for a group like this I suspect.

In her part titled, "Ferreting Out Your Worldviews, pg 3" is found this statement:

"Take one of your strongly-felt worldviews. Remember a time where you had to conceal it, or pretend not to hold it, because of a social situation."

This is a good place to hold and meditate. Many lines of thought come forth. The first for me, however was swapping out the last words, 'social situation' to 'making money'. Most social constraints are rooted and grounded in 'money making' or 'religion' or 'sex'. You pick.

Other points:

Controversy moves information. Most leading personalities are wholly polarized, often sporting more enemies than friends. But, you only need a few million 'friends' to be 'a big fish in a big pond'.

Another, is carefully considering long term, compounding and 'unintended' impacts of branding ones self on-line this way or that. Some careful thought and planning that included even 'exit' plans or 'run on forever'.

Anyway, I cannot speak to recommending the course but Amy does a good job of 'pre-qualifying interested parties' in her pitch site; follow the links.

She comes across very savvy and professional.

Personally, I am glad to be on the other side of the learning curve and wish to fellowship 'on topic'.

Kind regards,

Yukala