addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Seattle Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board Looking for Groups › 2nd Edition - Kent - 1 seat available for Bohemian Hippy/Lefty

2nd Edition - Kent - 1 seat available for Bohemian Hippy/Lefty

A former member
Post #: 232
We have been running a very slow moving, exquisitely detailed "around the table" campaign using 2nd edition rules for 2.5 years now, and would like to offer an invitation for someone dedicated to fill seat number 4. We are a small group, and we are not in the slightest bit rushed.

Our style is, Open Campaign, Levels 9-12 (at the moment), and as a referee I'm a Worldbuilder/Storyteller more than Film Director style, but yes, there are action moments, although the two players, both ladies, are more prone to thinking than hacking and both play intelligent, strategic fighters with more sense than brawn.

I have my own home brew campaign world, although forays into Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms can happen, although we have only used one pre-made scenario and that was heavily modified. We also have our own segmented combat system which allows us to fluently run large combats. We also find ourselves involved in siege scenarios where hundreds of troops are on the field, usually with the PC's as protagonists in command of squads or even companies.

We use Core Rules 2 Expansion to generate a lot of the game statistics and characters and we have an extensive collection of 2nd edition manuals. These are still available on Amazon.com if you need to procure them, you would really need access to the 2nd Ed. Player's Handbook at the bare minimum.

We are looking for a mature, intelligent and intense DnD'er, male or female, aged 18 and above (as we have occasional plots/themes that are really not for kids)...who is not scared to get really detailed and obsessive about their PC. If you have a retired 9th level character who has lorded and gone off the radar, you are welcome to explore higher level play with us or adopt one from our files.

There are a few things you should know however...

We are staunch liberals and bohemians, so politically and religiously, if you are from the political right wing, religiously conservative and don't get on with folks who are one step to the left of Gandhi, you will certainly hate us with passion. So we can save you the time and effort. We would also need someone Bohemian for seat number 4.

:-)

The game sessions currently take place at our home in Kent, on a Saturday afternoon or evening, once a week, but informal open play might happen on a Wednesday night if it's raining.

I know it's a lot of "we needs" but we are looking for that long term player with staying power.

Thank you and hope you all get a nice July 4th day off!

Odysseus G. Osborne

A former member
Post #: 24
I find it rather telling that the only ones who tout intolerance for someone on the 'other side' of the political spectrum are liberals. Amazing how that happens. I've never seen a post from someone looking for more gamers on this site who says they are a strong conservative/republican and libs/proggies wouldn't be too welcome. One's political preference is the last thing I look for in fellow gamers. Only in Seattle I guess.

Good luck, shouldn't be hard as I see others saying the same thing on this board.
A former member
Post #: 233
Well yes, Tar. it's my home and I don't want to invite any Nazi skinheads to to dinner, having non American ethnic roots. Let's call it pre-emptive self defense.

For me, the right wingers already have an exclusive club, they are quite the exclusive bunch you know, next I suppose, they'll want free access to the Unions.

I come from a land where genocide has been the flavor of the day. And it's not the hippies who have done the shooting.

Blessings!

A former member
Post #: 25
Wow. Just.... Wow.

Must be sad living in a world where you 'think' that everyone who doesn't share your political view is a racist nazi hell bent on genocide starting with your living room over a role playing game.

Where's the love hippie man?

The dude should abide.
A former member
Post #: 144
Don't give in, Odysseus, just ignore him and report him for harassment. Maybe he will get the picture that trolls aren't welcome here.
A former member
Post #: 235
For some reason, my discussion tracking isn't working.

Oh no. Paranoia can be extremely beneficial in these times of gun violence and racism. I'm no political partisan, coming from a nation that has been subjugated and occupied for many years with no real politic. I just want a safe peaceful existence. But my reservations, on reading US historical genocides versus native Americans, also that places we stayed and LEFT because of the right wing attitudes, such as TEXAS, such as IDAHO...exclusion, shunning, being treated with severe discourtesy...the risk of being shot....you see where I'm going here? What do you think my impression was coming to a nation where instead of seeing a bear in the woods a big hairy guy came out the bushes with a gun in combat clothing and he wasn't hunting deer? You guys have Aryan Nations, KKK and extremist fundamentalist cults, you want to know why I'm concerned about who I mix with? In your country presidents and politicians get gunned down, let's say, they get gunned down because they are in fact fighting for something good like the ACLU and egalitarianism or stopping a fruitless war.

My impression is indeed bad, I'm here because my wife is here, not because I thought the US was a great place, it's no better than anywhere in Europe, just bigger, with guns and high crime. I don't feel safe here at all and I reserve the right to exclude people who exclude others or who might threaten me or my friends. You may not have experienced hate, if so you are lucky, I've experienced racial and nationalistic hate, also religious based hate. People who experience it can live with it and take the risks or they can, to the best of their ability, constructively discriminate against those criminal elements or violent religious fanatics. I have met quite a disturbing number of "Crusaders" in my time here. Disturbing stuff. Let's just exclude them. They can't be interesting people anyway if that's the level of their behavior.

Yet, I get to Washington and I'm very happy with the people here, they are in fact for the most, unlike people in other states. We chose Washington because it has a reputation for being kinder than most places, though I was stunned to see pictures of grannies getting pepper sprayed in the face at the occupy demo. There's no doubt that US citizens have a different impression of these incidences than someone abroad that sees them as the thin end of a fascist wedgie. I've seen it all before, most Americans haven't...especially seeing the same tricks coming from the partisans all throughout foreign history.

I have been told that I have the absolute right to control who is and isn't part of my social circle and that's got to be fairly final.

Blessings.

A former member
Post #: 26
You do have every right to determine who you socialize with. I would never try to take that away from you. I'm merely pointing out that your perception of our country is completely fubar'd. Seriously man. You just characterized the U.S. with such an extreme slander that its just so far beyond reality. As a native, I can tell you that this country may have an incident like you expressed but that is far from its characterization and norm. I would go as far as stating that if the U.S.A. never formed, this world would have been a much much darker and intolerable place. I understand you've been indoctrinated and taught all the victimized progressive reformed history. But I implore you, do some research. You will find amazing things like:

Every civil rights bill ever passed in this country was authorized by republicans (even Kennedy's) and carried the majority of the vote. Ooppps! Hope that doesn't shatter your idea of the 'left'. You see the 'left' was the side that was entrenched in racism and genocide. Don't beleive me, look it up.

Look up the history of the KKK. Look up people like Margaret Sanger who founded Planned Parenthood and her connections to the KKK and what abortions was supposed to do to inner city blacks. Look up the early progressive movement and its ties to eugenics and the formation of the 'social woker', who's original job it would be to go out to houses and explain why mentally unfit people were needed to be steralized. Yeah, you know Eugenics, the same idea that Hitler ran with. Guess where he got the idea?

Did you know the first blacks to serve in the governement were conservative and from place like Texas?

The truth is you have been lied to by the progressive education system and media as they try and rewrite history in order to steer society to a more controlled version. Instead, embrace the true freedom and liberty behind the libertarian principals as laid down by the founding fathers of this country. But the thing is, that would be a conservative line, a real conservative line. Not this fake conservativism that the neo GOP claims but doesn't really follow. So while your holed up with all your barriers up, do some research on the true history of this country. You will be amazed, and probably a little pissed that you've been taught a bunch of lies. That is if your schema will allow you to process what you may learn.

Good luck. I won't post again on this unless you specifically want to ask me a question.
A former member
Post #: 29
There are a few things you should know however...

The game sessions currently take place at our home in Kent, on a Saturday afternoon or evening, once a week, but informal open play might happen on a Wednesday night if it's raining.

I know it's a lot of "we needs" but we are looking for that long term player with staying power.

Thank you and hope you all get a nice July 4th day off!

Odysseus G. Osborne

might you have room for 2 people...? recently divorced father with a teenage son. we enjoy 2nd ed, but have had alot of trouble finding other players here. please drop me a line and let's discuss it...
A former member
Post #: 20
I Like your post Odysseus - I like your group. Too bad you too far away for me. I'm a bohemian lefty too. It's sad what I read on this page. Don't let people hinder you - I hope you found someone to fill the seat.