addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Seattle Jazz Scene Meetup Message Board › New Meetup: Yogi and the Yoginis at Lucid

New Meetup: Yogi and the Yoginis at Lucid

Yogi M.
Announcing a new Meetup for The Seattle Jazz Scene Meetup!

What: Yogi and the Yoginis at Lucid

When: Saturday, January 15, 2011 9:30 PM

Where: LUCID
5241 University Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
(206) 369-3048

The Yoginis debut at Lucid! Yes! My guys are psyched!

In addition to myself on the keyboards, we'll feature the esteemed Samia Panni on portuguese and English vocals and Brazilian percussion; the fabulous Bob Antolin on flotes, saxes and guitars; super in-demand contrassist Burt Boice; and Tor Dietrichson, one of the best known percussionists in Seattle, and master of India tablas as well as Afrocuban styles.

This show will lean heavily on the world jazz especially Brazilian-flavored compositions of my own and some of Samia's faves from the Brazilian jazz side. we might throw a couple opf staright A's in there too if the mood comes upon us...

For those of you who don't know/haven't heard my band yet, this is a very good opportunity, adn here's some blurbs and testimonials I've collected over the years:

The Yoginis deliver exciting, fresh sounds fusing American Jazz, Brazilian Samba, Afro-Cuban and Caribbean rhythms and Indian/Jazz fusions.

Yogi and the Yoginis original world-fusion jazz has won finalist in the WOMEX 2009 songwriting contest, called “Truly one of a kind” (Steve Getz, Stan Getz's son) and “Truly Innovative” (the Jazz Network Worldwide), and heard in the award winning “Dalai Lama Renaissance” documentary.

"Yogi has assembled a diverse and talented group of multi-cultural musicians." Steve Getz, The Jazz Network Worldwide

"Yogi McCaw is the best!"
Derek Sivers - founder CD Baby

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­