Build an Estufa Finca cook-stove just like the ones we are using in Costa Rica. Make you own Biochar.
After 7-months working with Bribri cacao growers in the Talamanca region of Costa Rica. SeaChar.Org founder Art Donnelly is back in Seattle.
Join Art and the staff at West Seattle's Village Green Perennial Nursery for a very special event. Sat. July 14th 9am - 5:30pm @[masked]th Ave.SW. Seattle, WA. 98146
Biochar is charcoal created from dry organic waste materials. Amended to our soils it gives all of us a way to combat climate change by storing long lasting fixed carbon in our gardens or yards. Learn how to make your garden carbon negative and climate friendly, while building healthy soil.
* For a $75 donation build and take home a five gallon "Estufa Finca" biochar producing cook-stove. This is the same stove we are using in SeaChar's Estufa Finca-Talamanca Project in rural Costa Rica. These easy to use stoves make clean heat and soil building biochar from your garden and yard wastes. All tools and materials for building this stove will be provided.
* Along with building stoves, we will be learning about how biochar works and how to use biochar in the garden.
* This will also be fund-raiser for the Estufa Finca Project (Farm Stove Project) . Learn how this clean burning, biochar-making technology can build opportunities for woman, fight climate change and save lives and trees in the developing world.
* Bring a sack lunch, a pair of gloves and if possible a pair of safety glasses
* This will be a full day workshop. 9am-5:30pm Everyone will have fun and everyone will be going home with a tested stove and an expanded understanding of biochar. We will end the day by testing our new creations.
The cost for this workshop is $75 dollars. We are requesting a $25 deposit to reserve your space. Please use our the PayPal button at our SeaChar.Org website: http://seachar.org/wordpress/?page_id=96
Please RSVP! To: [masked]
Come reinvent fire with us,
Project Director, The Estufa Finca (Farm Stove) Project