We are a group of Tennis players that get together at least once a week to practice the sport we love.
0) Have fun
1) Talk quietly when standing near tennis courts that are in use.
2) Never walk behind a court when a point is still in play. Wait until the point is over and then cross as fast as possible.
3) If people are already on your court, don't disturb them until their time is up.
4) Always come prepared. Bring not only balls, but towels and water to drink when it is hot.
5) Wear sneakers for tennis. Other shoes may wear out quickly, hurt your feet, or damage the court.
6) When you're ready to play, put racket covers, ball cans, jackets etc., out of everyone's way.
7) To see who serves first, spin your racket or toss a coin. If you win the toss, the choice is yours. You may serve first, or you may choose to receive first or to pick which end of the court you want to start playing on. As a third choice you may make your opponent choose first.
8) When sending balls back to a neighboring court, roll them on to the back of the court. Never send them back while play is in progress.
9) Offer to bring new balls or organize a system to decide who brings the balls.
10) Retrieve balls for your partner and your opponent.
11) Don't criticize your partner, offer encouragement.
12) Call your own lines and let your opponent hear the call. If the ball is good say nothing and play on.
13) Always respect the linecalls of your opponent.
14) If there is a disagreement, offer a let. In other words, replay the point, even if it was a second service.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About The Eastside Tennis Group!||July 10, 2008 1:44 PM||former member|