align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Seattle Area MLP:FiM Fans Message Board › Changing Meetup Dates

Changing Meetup Dates

Heather
user 66145502
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Just a suggestion: if someone has posted a meetup and the date doesn't work for you and they don't answer right away when you've asked if you can make it on another day, please do not just go in and change the date and time. I was actually unaware that anyone could do this - I thought only the meetup creator could, but apparently anyone in the group can. But today apparently this happened and the person who set up that particular event then said they would be unable to go if it was held at the time this other person wanted. With each meetup, the person who sets it up should be able to attend the meetup they scheduled.

People will generally TRY to accommodate everyone's schedule and I know we'd all like to attend ALL the meetups, but it's just not possible. So, if there's a meetup you're not able to attend, ask the creator of the meetup if they're willing to do it on another date and wait for their response. If they're not able to move it or more people would prefer to have it on one day vs another, then just accept that gracefully, smile and wait for the next event.
Toksyuryel
user 60016032
Seattle, WA
Post #: 10
I had no idea this was possible. That sounds incredibly prone to abuse.