Seattle Sass and Front End Community Message Board › What's happinin

What's happinin

Dale S.
DaleSande
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Hey Everybody -

The holiday season is all wrapped up and it is time to get this meetup going again. In related news, Getty Images moved to a new location in the ID. Why does this matter? Cause all the previous meetups were held at Getty's office.

Getty's new office is pretty cool, but it doesn't have an awesome easy access meeting space like the old office. If anyone has any ideas for where to hold out meetups, I am open to suggestions. I'm open, back up in Fremont? Downtown?

I have been trying to come up with topics for upcoming meetings and have been thinking of the following topics for presentations.

• Rails 3.1 Asset Pipeline and SASS - how to configure this for best results
    I have read tweets and whatnot stating that the default configuration of the Asset pipeline and SASS is less then awesome. I myself have no idea how this damn thing works so anyone willing to demystify this would be welcome.
    Also, if you have an existing SASS framework you want to port to 3.1 and the AP, how would you go abou that?
  • @extend - an awesome feature of SASS that allows developers to create reusable objects. What are the benefits? What are the pitfalls? (i'd be willing to speak on that one)
  • Introduced with SASS 3.1 - pick a feature any feature to give a presentation. Sass-based Functions, Keyword Arguments, @each, @media Bubbling, etc ....

So there we have it. Love to get some feedback from all members.

-- Dale