This month we're continuing our conversation with Troy Parke and Patrick Neeman about UX careers with a portfolio review and mock job interviews.
NOTE: Time has changed. We will not have the room until 6:30 pm and will not start presentations before 7 pm.
Who should come:
• Those looking for a UX, IA or Design job, gain insight into the portfolio, interview tips and what skills, experience you may want to focus on developing in 2014.
• Companies and recruiters hiring for UX, IA, and Designers, this will be a great event for meeting talent and learning some valuable interviewing tips.
• Our meetings are open to all, so please join us for the networking and knowledge even if hiring isn't the top of your 2014 timeline.
Call for Participants (first available, first served)
If you have a portfolio and want to practice presenting yourself in a professional setting, apply to be one of our mock interview subjects. The mock interview is intended to help all attendees prepare for the typical hiring interview as well as gain portfolio and skill development tips.
Jr UX Designer / UX Design Internship
• Experience in UX, research, design or product
• Portfolio demonstrating your skills and experience
• Enrollment or Degree in HCI (Human Computer Interaction), CS (Computer Science), Design or equivalent
• Ability to communicate and work well with a cross-functional team
• Experience in creating deliverables and artifacts including user flows, wireframes and mockups
• Additional relevant skills such as coding, prototyping, visual design.
For the first few minutes of the interview, we would like you to present an overview of yourself and highlight your best, most relevant project. You will be presenting to a group of people ranging from a product owners and developers to fellow designers.