Secular Bible Study Message Board SBS Polls & Feedback › SBS Poll: What would convince you to attend more meetings?

SBS Poll: What would convince you to attend more meetings?

Bjorn W.
Bjorn_Watland
Minneapolis, MN
All,

Over the last few months, attendance at the SBS has been cut in half and I have noticed many Christians missing since Chester and Grant have had to step away. John has been an excellent replacement for Chester, with a strong knowledge of the Bible to lead informative discussions. Keith also provided two interesting topics on the Bible a few weeks ago.

There is a possibility that Grant will be able to return in January, as his cancer treatments have yielded good results, however the organization should be able to continue even if Grant does not return. To make that possible, I'd like to find out what is keeping some of you from going to meetings.

A poll has been created here: http://www.meetup.com...­

If you have something more specific to address, feel free to reply to this email to contact me.

Thanks,
Bjorn Watland

P.S.

Remember that the next meeting at Trinity United Methodist Church in NE Minneapolis is tomorrow! Gnostic Christianity Part II

Also, a Minnesota Atheists Meetup Member contacted me about an interesting performance in two weeks time. Let me know if this sounds interesting and I will post it as a Meetup:

The Secret Book of Jesus by Phillip Low

A one-man apocryphal harmony by Phillip Andrew Bennett Low

Performance Times

Tuesday, December 22 @ 8pm

Tuesday, December 29 @ 8pm

$12.00 at the door or $10.00 with Fringe Festival Button
Kieran's Irish Pub 612.339.4499
http://www.maximumver...­

Hidden in Egyptian tombs. Buried in earthenware jars. Traded in dark antiquities markets. For the first time in history, the Gospels suppressed or ignored by the early church have been combined to give a complete portrait of the life of Jesus: his parents' miraculous marriage; his bizarre killing sprees as an infant; his journey down into Hell; his apostles' interrogation of Satan.

A new face of Jesus, concealed for centuries, emerges at last: a dark child, tinged by holy madness, bearing strange powers, prone to deadly bursts of rage. A Christmas show for the faithful and heretic alike -- two thousand years in the making.