addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

South Bay Selenium Meetup Message Board › February Meetup speakers needed NOW!

February Meetup speakers needed NOW!

Mary Ann M.
Hi everyone! Our Thursday, 02/21, Meetup is absent a speaker! I think it would be cool to "mimic" (okay, "copy!") the San Francisco Selenium Meetup which is having a "Tales from the Selenium Testing Trenches" pair of speakers at their next Meetup. If you're up for giving such a talk at our 02/21 Meetup, please contact me NOW! I'm going to have to cancel the Meetup if I don't have two volunteer presenters by this Friday, 02/08.

If you'd love to give such a talk but couldn't possibly manage it until our 03/25 Meetup, let me know that too.

My "vision" for a "Selenium Trenches" talk is 20 minutes (max!) of relatively non-technical content plus 10 minutes of follow-up Q&A. I'd like to hear stuff like:

--Which language are you using with Selenium?

--Which API are you using?

--If you're using WebDriver, do you still have some RC tests being executed? What is your plan for migrating them to WebDriver?

--Are you using Selenium for web only, mobile only, or both? If both, are they sharing code?

--What framework are you using, and who maintains it?

--Who develops tests at your company? QA, Dev, or a combination thereof?

--What are your top 5 "best practice" recommendations for using Selenium to automate tests?

--What are your top 5 worst problems using Selenium to automate tests? What are you doing to attempt to alleviate them?

Now that I've given you suggested content for your slide set, it shouldn't take you more than an hour to whip up a set!

Hoping to hear from several of you SOON!

--mam-p