WHERE DOES SHIFTandGO RIDE?
Local rides are hosted throughout Maryland, D.C., and Northern VA. RideSeeker TOUR Rides extends across the country.
WHAT PACE DOES SHIFTandGO RIDE?
Ride speed and style changes depend on the number of attendees and the Ride Navigator(s). However, rides usually fall within three main categories: Rip, Roll & Cruise:
Rip-rides are high-speed when traffic allows it, but each rider is encouraged to ride their own ride – usually short rides to events or to cut down travel time to and from our destination point(s).
Roll-rides require good throttle control, braking confidence and cornering – back roads w/good signage, long bends, twisty roads, farmland hills, deep river valleys and high mountain lookouts. Less confident riders tend to follow in the rear, but are never left behind.
Cruise-rides (aka Getaway Rides) are easy-going destination rides just above the flow of traffic for taking in scenery, catching sites or riding passengers.
DOES SHIFTandGO HAVE ROAD CAPTAINS?
NO ROAD CAPTAINS - Each ride is lead by a Ride Navigator who is most familiar with the route and able to answer questions about the route, terrain, destination and riding pace. Each rider is responsible for his or her own safety, and the safety of others. SHIFTandGO encourages riders to make best possible decisions & choices, at all times, and stay within their own riding skill level. "No action, by a rider(s), should be a surprise to others," this is our main rule. NO HOT-DOGGING, STUNTING or INTENTIONAL RECKLESS ACTIONS allowed on group rides for the safety of others.
DOES SHIFTandGO REQUIRE RIDING GEAR?
We do not govern the decision of participant riders, i.e., choice of riding gear, protection, type of motorcycle, or style of riding. However, participating riders may be ASKED to fill out an index card with contact information, to be kept on their persons, in the event of an accident.
DOES SHIFTandGO CHARGE FOR RIDES?
We do not charge for rides, but we do ask for a $12 yearly donation for technical services (website & promotions). Other expensive may include admission cost to events, tolls, parking and other personal accommodations. All participating riders are financially responsible for satisfying their own needs for food, gas, maintenance, lodging and accommodations, as needed.
DOES SHIFTandGO HAVE Vest, Club Colors or Tees?
We only offer promo T-Shits. In order to remain independent and out of respect, we choose not mimic MCs. The absence of Riding vest and Club Colors eliminating potential conflicts within the motorcycle riding community, police and unnecessary rejection from popular venues, restaurants, destinations, and locations.
WHAT MAKES SHFTandGO DIFFERENT?
(1) Rides worth talking about, places worth visiting - We do not ride in circles, no beltway loops, no charity rides, and no bike washes
(2) We decide to eat as a group, not as a reason to ride
(3) Riders with great attitudes and good intentions - No recruiting, party ticket sales or fundraisers
(4) No parking lot all day hang outs
(5) NO Super Early Morning Rides unless required for out-of-town/state trips/events
(6) Easy Ride Schedule posting/listings/updates - View-able by CPU and Smart Phones
(7) Real-time Communications and feedback with easy information access (comments, photos, videos and notifications of changes/cancellations)
(8) Open Invite local and Out of State - We remain open to all Riders - independents, MCs and Groups