Shoujo Club of Austin Message Board › event suggestion

event suggestion

A former member
Post #: 2
I think it would be a good thing to get together just for socialization/chit-chat, or maybe to discuss manga. So far as I can tell, the events are mostly movie-watching and karaoke, so mixing it up might be nice. I've not attended any events so far (crazy schedule), so my point of view is from the outside at the moment, and I might not know what I'm talking about :P

My idea about discussing manga is to have a semi-organized, serious discussion about the story elements of various manga; how they are similar, how similar stories differ in their execution or approach, what kind of themes you see as conducive to good story/character/whatever, why you think certain story elements are better or than others, how you think certain elements of a certain story worked into how the story ended up etc.

My alma mater had something like this once or twice monthly, hosted by the head of the Philosophy/Religion department, and it was REALLY cool to even listen to.

Let me know what you think!
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 59
I would love to have someone host this! Feel free to suggest a meet-up time and location! Anyone in the group can do it!