WordPress, the world's most popular publishing software, now hosts the world's fastest growing e-commerce software, WooCommerce.
• Why is WooCommerce so popular?
• Why would you want to set up a store on WordPress?
• And what the heck is this WooCommerce thingamajig anyway?
In this talk, guest speaker Brent Shepherd will demonstrate the most interesting features of the WooCommerce plugin and discuss why its open source foundation combined with a marketplace for extensions is helping foster a rapidly growing community. He’ll also share the stories of some folks now making a living thanks to the free WooCommerce plugin.
Brent now lives in San Francisco but hails from Australia where he was a co-organizer of WordCamp Melbourne and WordCamp Gold Coast. He’s has an unnatural love for WooCommerce, which is why he spends his days as an independent WooCommerce developer working on WooCommerce Subscriptions - the most popular 3rd party extension in the official WooCommerce marketplace.
-- WooCommerce Show and Tell --
Have you made or are you in the process of making a cool store with WooCommerce?
Let us know and we will give you a chance to show off what makes your store cool, and get feedback on your store, with a lightning talk.
This Meetup is being promoted across 20 other Meetup groups in the South Bay and Peninsula (organized by Bill Belew) devoted to Wordpress, Online Marketing, SEO, Startups, and Blogging. Developers, bring your business cards. Bloggers, bring a link to your best work. Small business owners, bring a LOT of questions on how to set up your store. Marketers, come learn what works.
Did you know that 62% of companies in California do NOT have a web site? What a tremendous opportunity for people who can master Wordpress and online marketing.
Everybody that does have a web site - speakers, small businesses, authors, coaches and such, want more relevant traffic, more real eye balls. That is what we will learn how to do at these weekly Meetups.
Starting on Jan 20th, you will find me, Bill Belew, and members of my team, EVERY Monday night holding a Meetup devoted to marketing that works and can be measured.
Every 3rd Monday of each month will be devoted to improving your public speaking skills.
Social Media Marketing, Inbound Marketing, Content Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, sandwich boards (just kidding!) and how to do marketing right, get real and measurable results is at the heart of this Meetup.
The Meetup is not free. You can pay by the month or by the Meetup. It's cheaper by the month.
A working and growing list of topics that will be covered based on your feedback!
* 5 Ways to Distinguish Yourself in the Blogosphere/On the Internet
* 5 Ways to Establish Yourself as a Thought Leader
* 10 Most Important SEO Considerations for each post
* 20 Best Headline Ideas 5 Ways to Get Legitimate Links to Your Site 5 Ways to Get Your Blog/Web Site Noticed
* 5 Ways to Get more comments/reader interaction on your blog/web site
* 5 Ways to Monetize Your Web Site
* 7 Steps to Get 1 Million Unique Visitors to Your Web Site
* 5 Best Advertising Options for your blog/web site
* 5 Obstacles Every Beginning Blog/Web Site must overcome
* 5 Ways to Never Run Out of Things to Write About
* 5 Ways to Recruit Guest Bloggers/Writers to Your Site
* 5 Must Haves for Every Blog/Web Site
* 5 Considerations to Determine How Frequently You Must Update Your Site
* 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Hitting the Publish Button for the First Time
* 5 Considerations for Placing Good Images in Your Posts
* 5 Formatting Considerations for Each Post
* 5 Reasons to Not Waste Time on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn but Not on Google+
* 5 Reasons Search Engine Traffic is Better than Referral Traffic
* 5 Ways to Keep Your Readers Interested in Your Topic
* 5 Ways to Get Your Content Syndicated at Other Blog/Web Sites
* 10 Ways Your Blog/Web Site Can Get You More Work
* 5 Most Important Settings For your Blog/Web Site
* 5 Best Widgets to Use at Your Web Site How I write 15 posts in 3 hours and schedule time to go out over the course of the day
* 5 Steps to Building Your Blog Web Site
* 7 Ways to Re-purpose your blog/web site material and make money, too
* 10 considerations for placing ads on your web site
* 5 Ways to Track Traffic at Your Web Site
* 5 Key Steps to Add Life to Your Blog/Web Site Posts
5 is not a magic number. There will be 5 give or take.
Come, learn, share, take ... but definitely become a better marketer for having attended.