Unwind on a Monday night with networking, socializing and connecting with other entrepreneurs -- followed by a dance lesson and salsa/ bachata dancing.
What does salsa dancing have in common with entrepreneurship?
Well, here are some items:
1) Salsa requires leadership skills and the ability to follow instructions.
2) Salsa requires good communication skills.
3) Collaboration is important.
4) Both activities involve risk taking.
5) Planning ahead is crucial to success.
6) Timing (and rhythm) can make or break your plans.
7) Resilience and the ability to bounce back from mistakes is critical.
8) Overcoming fear of failure allows you to take the next step.
9) Grace under pressure makes you a better leader.
10) The ability to take rejection will keep you going despite setbacks.
11) Maintaining confidence in the face of possible humiliation separates the winners from the losers.
12) Courage to press on will make you successful.
13) Being gracious helps you build relationships.
14) Good social skills are fundamental to successful team building.
15) Tenacity and perseverance will allow you to overcome the challenges you will encounter.
We'll meet inside the venue at 8 PM. This will allow for some time for socializing, networking, and connecting.
The salsa lesson begins at 8:30 PM and should last about one hour.
Attendees can stay for open dancing or more networking and socializing.
This event is geared for beginning dancers. If you are an intermediate or advanced salsa dancer, please come with a good attitude about dancing with beginners.
There is a $5 charge for the dance lesson.
Street parking is free after 6 PM.
This event is organized in collaboration with a few other meetup groups.