Here's a few updated "Guidelines and Notes for Silicon Valley women's Social Group." Please take the time to review them.
1) STAY ACTIVE! What does that mean? Members who become inactive in the system, who never look at our Meetup website, will occasionally without notice be removed. Members must log on to this Meetup group’s website at least once every 4 months AND RSVP at least 2 times, either "Yes" or "No" in the last 6 months to remain active. Meetup tracks statistics, and it affects my standing in searches and sponsors. Please feel free to rejoin at your convenience and provide your email address for Meetup notices. and then START CLICKING the links in the emails from my group and RSVP either yes or No.
2) Simply put, if you do not show up, I reserve the right to drop you from the group immediately without further explanation, and mostly I do this, so be aware. I do not have the time to be the attendance police. We are all grown women who can manage our calendars and change an online RSVP. No-shows without regretful explanation are simply unacceptable and definitely not about building close friendships. Being a member does not mean you are a part of a faceless group of women online; we are a social group with a charter to help and foster lasting relationships with women who have common interests. I really want us all to have a personally enriching experience. I know circumstances can happen to miss a Meetup, but please understand there is planning that goes into these events and last minute cancellations affect everyone, so try to keep your commitments and be courteous with a joyful heart!
3) In general, children under 18 are not permitted unless it’s a family outing. In most cases when alcohol is served no one under 21 will be admitted due to liability issues. On a case by case basis depending on events, children will be considered OK to attend and "family friendly" events will be specified so you can bring out your whole posse! While I ask we all treat each other with respect and kindness, I will not be responsible for what grown adults say or do in my group, so please don’t admonish me or rant if you or your child is offended. We are a "girlz night out" group so we can let our hair down and relax with each other.
4) We need Volunteer Hosts who are interested in having a Bunco / Game night, Dinner Club, or Theme Party at their home either once or a few times. Being a host generally means supplying the paper goods, some basic drinks, goodies, and one main dish if it's a potluck if you can. It also means I can support you as the organizer of these events if you prefer by coordinating RSVPs, helping to supplement equipment and supplies contributions such as the wine and wine glasses if I attend. Have wine/wine glasses, will travel. Please contact me with your interests in what you want to host, or if you don't have an idea, just a date you can open your home to the group and do let me know if you have pets, and we'll come up with something fun and interesting.
5) We are seeking Business Sponsors. A Sponsor provides a monetary donation and/or donates their products such as food or beverages or admission to their venue for a meetup. In exchange, Sponsors get their logo on our Home page and will be allowed to publicize their services or distribute their coupons to our membership.
6) I need ACTIVE Assistant Organizers and Event Organizers! I want to make this group not only reflect my interests, but also that of the membership, so I can't do it all and be at every Meetup. It's great that you present ideas, but even better if you want to follow through in organizing or hosting them. I'm looking for some ladies that want to lead us in events that are their passion such as hiking (that's not me), fitness training, cooking lessons, walking, art exhibits, or a gourmet dinner club.
7) The Message Board and Comment Notes in each Meetup event are open forums for our members, but it is not your domain for personal complaints or airing drama. I want the vibe of the online postings to be positive or informative ONLY! These posting go out to everyone and so please also try to keep the irrelevant spam to a minimum. The Silicon Valley Women's Social Group Message Board can be a forum for favorite recipes, recently read good books, or interesting relevant topics. Members of this group are free to connect and post any local gatherings or charity events you plan on attending, whether formal or casual, that you think are of interest to our group You are welcome to post general personal notices that are in good taste, such as looking for a roommate or doctor or business recommendations. [Recommendations are not verified or sanctioned by the organizers of this Meetup.] Please NO sales pitches. Posting to the Meetup Message Board is a less obtrusive way to contact the membership than group email or event notes. Any "all hands" email announcements must be cleared by the organizer first.
Although my time is severely limited, I remain excited about organizing this group, as I have for the last 4+ yrs, honored to have the opportunity to meet so many wonderful and amazing women, and look forward to getting to know each of you!