align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Silicon Roundabout Message Board › Our first Meetup is on!

Our first Meetup is on!

Luis C.
user 8484479
Group Organizer
London, GB
Greetings!

I’d like to thank everyone for joining the group. I am looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow at for our first meetup. I started this group 2 weeks ago and things have come together nicely. They venue is confirmed. We have a few bar tables at Devonshire Terrace, Devonshire Square, EC2M 4WY.

I like to extend a special thank you to our first sponsors who have pledge to put a little cash behind the bar (beer & wine only, until the tab runs out). Get there early. The agenda for tomorrow is:

1. Quick introduction by me. I’ll also talk about the vision of the Meetup group. (5-10min)
2. Ben & Alex from sletoH.com talk for a few minutes about sletoH.com (5min)
3. Unruly Media to talk for a few minutes.(5min)
4. Mix and Mingle (until you’re ready to leave or drinks run out)

Here’s a little bit of background about our sponsors who have generously bought us all a round. Please thank them, check out their sites and/or write a blog post about them if you’re up for it.

sletoH.comis a hotel price comparison site comparing 70,000 hotels in Europe, Australia and South Africa. sletoH, based at 35 Kingsland Road, is looking for other Silicon Roundabout websites to link to www.sletoH.com and take 80% of booking commission. Ben Jackson and Alex Spoerri will be at Friday’s meetup event and have put some money behind the bar to convince you to talk to them! Or you can find out more and sign up at http://www.sletoh.com/affiliates.html­

Unruly Media is the global leader for social video distribution and engagement. They work with global agencies and blue-chip brands to get their videos watched and shared across the social web on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, influential blogs, and on mobile and social media applications.
Since 2006, Unruly Media has bought, earned, and audited over a billion user-intended views and generated over ten million sharing events across more than a thousand social video campaigns. With offices in New York, London, Paris and Sydney, our international team of social video experts can execute buzz building, social video advertising, content distribution, video syndication, digital outreach, conversational marketing, video SEO and social media monitoring across 75 countries in Europe, the Americas, Australasia and Asia. www.unrulymedia.com

Cheers,

Luis Carranza