Singapore Philosophy Group Message Board › Future Meetings:

Future Meetings:

Tim B.
user 24326772
Group Organizer
Singapore, SG
Post #: 3
Topics to discuss:
We need everyone to start suggesting topics they would like to discuss, and what kind of discussion - someone to present, debate, all to read paper in advance?? etc

I would like to do a series on politics, why democracy? and I would particularly like a series on mind/body issues: can we be sure there are others in the world? what if we could go through a Star-Trek Transporter beam? Who comes out the other side?

Venue: We have lost momentum (again) because of venue muddles. I think we need a stable venue: I suggest the National Library Board/Central Library Cafe. Its easy to get 10 chairs together round a table and its reasonably quiet. Food is good too. There is an outside courtyard on Floor 5 of the NLB building but its usually got people sitting around studying (overflow from the study room next to it) and there are no chairs. NLB has room but they charge (quite a lot).

Times: I suggest a fixed day of the month, say 1st Saturday of the month, 4-7pm?
Hope of Savior '.
user 14263728
Singapore, SG
Post #: 10
Hi Tim,

I do agree with you, that we all have lost momentum and we need to catch up on our meetups.

I do not mind any topic as long as we all can have a good discussion.

Benaiah Lim Oon K.
user 14571044
Singapore, SG
Post #: 1
Hi Tim.

I'm new here and I very much look forward to regular meet ups.

I am okay with any topic albeit I have a penchant for philosophy of religion.

Either way, debates and friendly discussion are healthily all in all looking forward to making friends.

Hope of Savior '.
user 14263728
Singapore, SG
Post #: 11
Hi Tim,

I think it's time for us to arrange another meetup.
It's been long time since we had one.