addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Single Friends North Jersey - Hiking & Other Fun Events Message Board › News , dinner party , more info ... thanks

News , dinner party , more info ... thanks

John
user 6727964
Mendham, NJ
Hello Everyone

I trust you are keeping warm since the weather changed! The last hike was a bit tough due to the cold so, from now and into the future, the hikes will be "played by ear" ... and certainly if it is not a very bitter cold day, a hike would be invigorating.

I must tell you ... I am a bit dissappointed in organizing a meetup. Why? Just because the level or participation. ARe people just too budy to go out and be social? Busy doing what - and for what reason? As a student of life it just puzzles the heck outa me.

Wanted a few good men ... and a few good women

On December 6th we are organizing the first quaint, little, but oh so interesting "dinner party" a few people from each side of the gender fence, some great food, extremely nice people, lots of interesting chit chat and fun! Each preparing or bringing a dish for about 12, along with their stories and interests and background should make for a grand night.

One of your sister members has so graciously donated the use of her lovely home as the backdrop for these festive occasions. You are going to love being at her cozy and incredible home in Chester NJ.

I am not going to post this event, scheduled to begin at 6:30 PM on December 6th on the web site. And the address and other info is on a "need to know basis" I encourage everyone to attend however, there must be a limit. But to be fair, we can perhaps hold another one depending on how well this one goes.

I promise the attendees to be interesting, funny, warm and inviting as well as engaging ... you will not feel awkward or unwanted at all, ever!

If interested, please just send me a email. I will keep track of responses and also make sure nobody is left out. It'll have to be on a first come first serve basis... I'll let you know if you made a reply in time. Sorry, it is gotta be like that to be fair. So now you see, many times people RSVP to a website but do not show, so we do not want to take advantage of this incredible opportunity.

Send email to: directmailwiz@aol.com with subject "dinner party".

Thanks

and lastly, looking for more suggestions and ideas for future meetups. A likely thing we'll do is Xmas carolling . The donating clothing and canned goods to the homeless went extremely well!

Unfortunately, I sent a few people to some of the "large singles meetups" that occur from time to time and most typically revolve around bars. Each time I do the feedback I hear is "Waste of time" or "meat market" ... so really, the difference being our little group is more genuine people, not a crass "pick up" venue - so if you want to expand your social connections and activities, please positively respond to some of our gatherings and meetups.

Thank you to those who donated winter clothing and canned goods. I heard from my friend, the nice lady who takes care of many of the local homeless and she is getting more calls for coats ... coats of any style, variety or size, provided it is still wearable and clean. Just let me know. Thanks
PEace

John