Skeptics of Tucson Message Board › Water and its "bad memories"

Water and its "bad memories"

John T.
user 5081321
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 50
Last night we were discussing homeopathy and the notion that water used in "remedies" has memory of "healing" molecules long since diluted to the point of vanishing. As part of an ad hoc response, I mentioned that once Hahemann's explanation was attacked as nonsense, the notion of water memory was offered as a more modern approach to explanation. Don then reminded us that water would also have "memory" of its time in a sewerage treatment plant, for example. I then asked to be given time to come up with another ad hoc response.

Well, here it is: Not only does water have memory but it picks up the "resonance" of energy directed at it. Obviously this is what happens at places like Hahemann Labs where homeopathic remedies are "manufactured." You can check http://en.wikipedia.o...­ for more information on the man most responsible for this "theory." Don - your turn!
Don L.
AZAtheist
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 274
Here is the seen from "What the Bleep Do We Know" about thought energy and water: http://www.youtube.co...­
I have not seen the movie but I recognize the male actor at the end as Armin Shimerman who played the Ferengi bar owner Quark. Quark and the Ferengi lived by the Rules of Acquisition, a set of rules that justify the ultra capitalist character of the Ferengi society. The list of rules is quite comprehensive, even so they have a rule that can be used in all cases. The rule is, "When no appropriate rule applies... make one up." People who want to believe that homeopathic medicines are effective cures will not be dissuaded by logic and known science. When no appropriate science confirms their belief they'll just "make one up." I wonder how you'd show repeatability in the production of ice crystals when everyone is said to be uniquie...