NOTE: Everyone must bring a signed
for 2014 as required by our insurance. See Files in "More" section of this site.
· Beginner/mentoring ride. Learn riding on open roads and group riding.
· Although this ride is designated as a beginner ride, we will form addition groups if other riders attend wanting faster riding paces.
· Post-ride chow and guzzle if there is interest at Los Tres Magueyes, or Amante Gourmet Pizza located in the shopping center.
· Ride is NO-DROP. I ride with the slowest rider at a comfortable pace for the slowest rider.
Everyone is welcome to join Slow Spokes rides if you want to ride in a group and be a team player. If you want to do a Slow Spokes group ride, shoot ahead and do your own thing, you would be better suited riding with another group.
All bicycle types (road, hybrid, mountain) are welcomed as long as they are in good working condition.
When: Monday March 17 through September 29, 2014, 6:00 p.m.
Where: Wells Fargo Bank, Cary Park Town Center
10050 Green Level Church Road
Cary, NC 27519
(Green Level Church Road/Carpenter Fire Station Road)
CAUTION: MAKE SURE YOUR MEETUP APP IS UPDATED. VERSION 4.3.2 UPDATE FIXES SOME MEETUPS NOT SHOWING PROPER LOCATION ON MAP.
Parking: Park in the last two rows of spaces in the main part of the lot between the Wells Fargo Bank and Harris Teeter (close to the bank and Green Level Church Road, but away from the busy grocery store).
Distance for beginner group is whatever distance the slowest rider can comfortably ride. :)
Intermediate group - 15-25 miles
Cue sheets: See Files in "More" section of this site. Use the 33-mile route and follow instructions for the cut-off for a 17-mile route [Lines 1 through 7, lines 14 through 20].
If you want a cue sheet for this ride, please print a copy.
NO DROP, at the pace of the slowest rider.
Signed Liability Waiver Required:
Please print, sign, date, and bring with you a Liability Waiver. You may find the Liability Waiver in the "More" section. Everyone must provide a signed waiver unless you have not already provided one for 2014. Slow Spokes is a subculture of the North Carolina Bicycle Club (NCBC). NCBC’s insurance requires one waiver on file each year for all riders.
Contact Person: Zm. You may contact me through this site if you have any questions.
• Please arrive in time to prepare your bike to leave promptly at the ride start time listed.
• Helmets are required.
• New riders should read Bicycling Hand Signals, Group Riding Tips, Equipment, Nutrition, Hydration in the "More section.
• All riders should carry proper equipment in case they have a flat (spare tube, pump or CO2 cartridge).
• This ride includes some roads with hills and traffic. We maintain safe riding practices, but these are open road rides and might not be suitable for those who have a fear of riding on the road.
• It is strongly recommended that you carry your driver's license, health insurance card (or copies), a note containing emergency contact information or Road I.D. in case of an emergency. You may also want to program your cell phone with an emergency contact number under the name "ICE" In Case of Emergency. The note containing emergency contact information mentioned above may be used if your cell phone becomes inoperable following a crash.