addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Southern California Polyamory Meetup Group Message Board The Southern California Polyamory Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Ricki Lake Show interview with Polyamory Showtime couple and couple from Pla

Ricki Lake Show interview with Polyamory Showtime couple and couple from Playboy Channel's Swing

Rev. Mel J. Flemin...
user 10433351
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 479
Ricki Lake a talk show host on Channel 13 recently interviewed the main couple, featuring Kamala Devi, this week. I have to say I was not pleased with her at all. She kept trying to link poly with seinging and had one of the couples from the Swing programme, from the Playboy channel, there 15 minutes later. Ricki Lake is one of the most irresponsible TV personalities, I've ever seen. She constantly used words, such as freaky to sensationalise her audience, and as I looked into Kamala's face, I sensed some unease on her part.

I think it wasn't the best move to be on that show. Had anyone viewed it? I feel a better show should as The View, or even "The Talk, would have been better forums.
A former member
Post #: 2
I felt this interview went phenominally better than when the pod was on Dr. Drew. This show was all about "alternative sexual relationships", so I expected she was going to focus on this not being "the norm". We often get grouped with swingers, but I think the swinger couple did a good job at making it clear they were different from poly. It was much better than just watching them get attacked, told that poly "never works" and that they must be the exception because they are attractive (at least that's what I walked away with after watching them on Dr. Drew).
Rev. Mel J. Flemin...
user 10433351
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 480
Dr Drew is a showman in my opinion. A circus pitchman for his Barnum and Bailey medical practise. Yes, I'll give the couple from the Playboy show kudos, because I've seem Swing before. It just appeared as if she was desperate to link the two, and of course her audience is not what I'd call the most discerning, as they hanh on Lake's every word.

Kudos to Kama and Steve who held their own. Years ago I had a friend on her previously show explaining pagan witchcraft. Lake constantly used the terms; "Satan" and "The Devil" so many times I wanted to toss the telly through the window. I lost all respect for her from that point.