Terry Lee B.
Winnetka, CA
Post #: 11

CONSIDER GROUP LIVING...Any questions on this topic? Pros? Cons?

Are YOU Ready for Group Living ?

Private ROOM with FULL BATH AVAILABLE IN GROUP HOUSE

WEST SAN FERNANDO VALLEY – CALIFORNIA

Many people together can live cheaper and a whole lot nicer than that same number could live separately. Over the years at our Live The Dream gatherings we've done an exercise in which we have everyone write down what they could afford to pay down for a home, what they could pay monthly, where they want to live, what kind of people they want to live with, etc. Invariably, we discover that living together costs less and is quite affordable for most people.Our present group house was bought in 2003.

Penfield House is the home of Terry Lee Brussel, founder and organizer of Live the Dream, an education and support group for those who, originally inspired by the writings of Robert Heinlein, Robert Rimmer and Marion Zimmer Bradley, are now ready to LIVE such alternative lifestyles as cooperative living, open relationships and group marriage. Many of our concepts on multiply committed relationships come from Heinlein’s Stranger in a Strange Land and Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Live the Dream also sponsors a Nest of Church of All Worlds, the real life, over fifty year old spiritual movement inspired by Stranger in a Strange Land.

Our home is a beautiful one in a nice neighborhood of the west San Fernando Valley. It has two fireplaces, a high ceilinged grand living room, dining area and big country kitchen. Washer and dryer available. We have a clothing optional hot tub which usually has good company available and music of your choice playing in it. We share good conversation, holidays, outings, special occasions, hugs... and household chores.

Imagine coming home to a beautiful house, a well kept yard filled with flowers and trees. Space for a garden if you have a green thumb. The fire place may be lit if it is winter. You come home to the smell of something delicious being cooked by one of your housemates. Or perhaps you are the housemate doing that cooking—that nurturing.

You share a good dinner with whoever is at home tonight. Afterward, you might enjoy the massage chair, go to the privacy of your room, soak in the hot tub with good friends, join a lively discussion in the living room or cuddle by the fire. Sound good?

MAKE YOUR FANTASY A REALITY…

If you have an interest in living in a lovely home with warm, caring, like minded people, call (818) 886-0069 ext 3 for more information.

NON SMOKING ABSOLUTELY
Three cats in residence.

RENT: $715 a month+$160 for utilities
$65 a week for food and sundries. Tell grocery shopper what you want bought or be the grocery shopper. Several meals are shared ones and the rest is fix your own from what’s in the fridge.

If you are really up to it physically, you could reduce your rent by $420 a month as I’m paying a maid $105 a week for 7 hours of mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing the kitchen and doing quite a bit of laundry. I am not suggesting taking that on unless you really like that sort of thing…

Jim
PolyLover
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 14
This great living space is still available.

Jim
--
"Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of
your souls." - Kahlil Gibran

Michelle
user 2286769
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 31
Wow, sounds lovely. Still just a bit too over my budget at the moment, plus I work from home so I need s separate room for my office.

Great work :)

Michelle