Social Milwaukee Message Board › Next Event: What IS Social Milwaukee?

Next Event: What IS Social Milwaukee?

Casey P.
Milwaukee, WI
Hey Everybody,

First I'd like to apologize if there was any confusion about the additional meetup posted to the group called "Social Media for Nonprofits." There is a feature on Meetup which (if left turned on) allows any member to propose a new meetup and, if enough members RSVP, the meetup is posted to the group. The new event confused me and some other people I spoke with, so don't feel bad if it confused you too. ;)

Follow the link above to post any questions you have about the event. Ritu Sharma (the person who ninja organized it :) ) is really good about replying to comments. Maybe we could even get someone from Chicago to venture up here and tell us about the event in person (if it isn't sold out by then.)

What Is Social Milwaukee?

This is what first I will attempt to answer and then we will answer as a community. Everyone who attended the last event probably has some idea of what the group is about. We'll make things abundantly clear at the next event.

I'm only going to schedule myself for the next event so we can have as much time as we need to discuss/brainstorm afterwards. That said, feel free to bring a mini-presentation with you! Just let me or Kelvin know you have something you'd like to share with the group before we get started or email me before the event. (Maybe we'll get an update from Andy, John or Shane. :) )

During the "mingle" time we'll have two places to post:

• Skills/resources your looking for
  • Meetup topic ideas

When we're done with the presenting we'll go through the meetup topic ideas and choose one for the next event. It'll be my job to organize the speakers. ;)

Growing The Group

I have NO problem hustling up more people to join the group, but I would like things to be a little more organic than that. If you're planning on attending the event, the first thing I'd like you to do is RSVP to it.

[Next Social Milwaukee Event. Wednesday, September 14th]

If there are some people you think would be interested in the event, encourage them to RSVP as well. has a really cool way to invite people using Facebook if you have your accounts linked. I made a video showing you how to do that:

[Inviting People to RSVP Using Facebook]

If I haven't put you to sleep yet and you have something you want to ask just reply to this email. Otherwise... see you soon!

Casey & Social Milwaukee Team