Welcome new friends! ...The Social Fun Group is for Men and Woman ages 21 to 55+ in the New England Area who want to go out, have fun, network, meet other Members with similar interests, make new friends, and more. The goal is to have fun through a variety of events such as trivia, dinners, comedy nights, movies, concerts, shows, plays, trips, parties, etc. We’ll even run joint events with other groups when appropriate. So relax, sit back, and enjoy the group. Did you know that at over 25 members have gotten Married as a direct result of joining Social Fun, due to our relaxed no pressure group setting we have created and it is nice to know we have brought so many couples together too.
Message from a now happily married member: Joined this group in 2007/2008, had a great time participating in events and meeting new people. Without expecting it I actually met and married a wonderful, beautiful woman whom I met during a Social fun event. Thank you to all the organizers for your hard work and patience. I hope you all have a great, grateful, life.
Do you have a suggestion for an event? ......Or a fun idea for a group activity? ..... Or a great restaurant we NEED to try?
Contact one of your area organizers: Want to host an event or become an organizer?
Contact Biagio at: http://www.meetup.com...
Let us know your ideas and why you should be an AO. Thanks, Enjoy + Ciao from Biagio
Please note to join or stay in this group all member are required to have a recent real clear photo of themselves in their main profile or they will not be allowed to join this group and will be removed from this group if their profile lacking this photo. Thank you.
To all Members we should abide by these Rules:
Social Fun Rules and Policies have been simplified and updated (Thanks to Marilee): June 01, 2011
1. Members must respect and behave in a manner that does not offend or create an unpleasant environment for other members. This club is formed to create a comfortable setting for all and any negative comments related to age, race, sexual orientation, or religion are not welcome and will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Be polite and considerate to all members, and welcoming to new members.
2. Your organizer has the right to remove/ban members that post unpleasant material on the site or cause other members to feel at risk when attending meetings.
3. Members who have been marked as a No Show 3 or more times will be removed from this group. Members who have been marked as a No Show 6 or more times will be banned for life from Social Fun.
4. Should your plans change, you should update your RSVP immediately. Once you’ve RSVPd for an event, regardless of how far in advance of the event, you are expected to attend that event or update your RSVP in advance of the event. Updating your RSVP well in advance of the event, and NOT at the last minute day of, allows someone from the wait list to attend.
5. Organizer and AOs may elect a “manual” waiting list for a variety of reasons. This means as spots open up, you’ll receive an email alerting you that a spot is available, to go to the event site and RSVP if interest. The manual wait list spots are “first come, first served” so whoever responds first (even someone not on the wait list) will get the spot.
6. Do not arrive at an event for which you are a not a confirmed YES RSVP. This means those on the wait list, or those that did not RSVP either way, should not arrive. We will continue to track members who no-show or attend without signing up, and remove them per our rules.
7. If you are late and/or miss a pre-paid event, there will be NO REFUNDS. Please allow yourself time for travel delays and parking.
8. This is not a dating club, although the group does allow members opportunities to expand their social circles with both sexes. Organizers are not liable for any activities or forged relationships between members and ask that you not treat this as a dating site- do not be pushy and DO NOT send out random e-mails asking other members whom you have never met out for a date. If you meet at an event and you both agree to see each other again, great!
9. All members attending an event at a restaurant should plan to purchase food and/or beverage, and to pay 1.25 time the person’s total tab…the cost of your food and beverage plus 25% (19% tip + 6.25% taxes), unless the Lead Organizer and/or Assistant Organizers have posted different instructions for a particular event. Please round up when figuring your bill- the servers really do appreciate an extra few dollars! Always have cash on hand and don’t expect the bill will be split by individual checks.
10. The Organizers are not responsible for providing transportation for members or their guests to Meetup events. Events are organized in various areas and may or may not be T-accessible. Choose to attend events for which transportation does not pose an issue for you. There is no reimbursement for travel expenses to or from Meetup events.
11. If you have any questions or comments about an event or activity of the group after reading all the information about it, please direct your question(s) or comment(s) to the organizer who is listed as the host of the particular event. DO NOT contact the Lead Organizer about the activity or event UNLESS he is listed as the host for it.
12. The Lead Organizer and Assistant Organizers volunteer to organize events and are not paid or compensated in any way. Often they are spending their own money to get an event or activity going, and are certainly investing their own time making reservations, confirming plans, updating postings, etc. Remember to thank the Organizer or AO, and to provide fair feedback. Without our organizers, we would have no events and thus no group. They’ve stepped up to make this group the active, fun Meetup it is!
13. All members who’ve attended 3 events should seriously consider the yearly Voluntarily Contribution of $5.35. Meetup fees are almost $150 a year…your $5.35 a year (about the cost of a postage stamp a month!) goes a long way in funding this group and gives you access to an active, diverse, fun social group.
14. We’ll cross post and arrange joint group events when appropriate, and enjoy the opportunity to mingle with other similar groups. We also welcome other group organizers’ feedback on our rules and policies.
15. ALL Members must have a recent (within 2 years) profile photo of themselves in which we can clearly see the member’s face. Full shots of you ¼ mile away on the beach are not suitable. We require clear headshots not just for safety and security, but also so that members can recognize you at events.
16. If, for any reason, a member is banned from the Social Fun Meetup Group, s/he will no longer be allowed member access to the group page, and thus will no longer be invited to attend or participate in the group’s events as a member or as a guest of a member. Members who bring a banned member to any Social Fun event or activity will also be subject to being banned from the event or activity in question and all future events or activities of the group.
17. Should you receive a warning or banning that you feel was not warranted, you may appeal the decision by contacting the Lead Organizer of The Social Fun Meetup Group. Filing an appeal does not guarantee that the action will be reversed.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Social Fun||March 26, 2014 11:17 AM||Biagio|