Social Fun Message Board › Important Social Fun Meetup updates and events not to miss.

Important Social Fun Meetup updates and events not to miss.

user 3847345
Group Organizer
Burlington, MA
It’s been awhile and I thought it was time for an update. I wanted to remind members this is a group based on having Social Fun and it’s not a singles group. We do run a few events for singles to meet the requested needs of our membership. I try to bring and offer events that are of value to our members,  most  events (80%) are free events the rest are not, but what I believe are still of value to our members.  So please try to be open to events.
I know we get ton of new members every month so I wanted to welcome you and I challenge you to take that first step and sign up for an event and show up. I know it’s scary at first, but everyone is nice open and friendly. It’s much easier than you think and you’ll have fun, but only if you attend our events. So give it a go!.........You can only have fun when you try!
Please read all the event details this will help you find the group and better prepare you on what to expect.
I’m sorry if you tried to e-mail in the past I I did not reply back, so if you have any ideas, thoughts, comment etc. please post it on the discussion/message board­  since I get hundreds of Meetup e-mail every day and there is no way I can read them all that way others can replay back to you as well, not just me.
In order for the group to run smoothly, it is important that there is an accurate headcount for all of our events. The attendance policy is clearly stated in our sign-up page. If you have signed up to attend an event and are not able to make it, please be sure to change your RSVP as soon as possible. Please don't wait until last minute to change and please do not be a 'no show'. This is important for all of our events- not just the dinners at restaurants. 'No show' have a dire impact to the group and all the hard working Organizers and will not be tolerated. If you 'no show'. More than 3 times in a 3 month period you will be removed.
Also, please take a moment and make sure that your profile contains an accurate photo of yourself- it helps members find each other at events and makes for a more social group. This is also a requirement for group membership.
How to control/stop Meetup E-mails:­
Now some important events not to be missed:
Thursday, June 13 Jillian bowling 6-8pm (Event Part 1)­
Thursday, June 13 Jillian's billiards (pool) 8-10pm (Event Part 2)­
Saturday, June 15 7PM Boston Mix+Mingle 2nd to Last Saturday Party at Wild Rover– It’s sad, but Wild Rover is now hosting bands in place of our fun parties so the partying will all soon come to an end forever. Enjoy this awesome party while it lasts.­
Monday, June 17 I’ve posted a monthly Reminder to pay the $10 Voluntary group Meetup fee to keep the group going. This Voluntary  fee is to pay for the $144 year Meetup fee that Meetup charges me to run the group plus to pay for other expenses need to keep the group going. We’re kind of like PBS without your generous contributing this group will stop running.
Also, remember that less that 1% of the group paid  this in the past I was lucky to collect $50 a year. I have $2000 in debt that I need to pay off as a direct result of supporting your fun. So please keep that in mind. It’s only fair. My goal is for the group to support itself and not have Biagio pay for the group out of his own pockets going forward. Also, that this is a yearly fee and NOT a monthly fee.­
Monday, June 17A  reminder all the Social Fun Organizers to sign up and call into the Monthly Social Fun Organizers phone call Meetup. I ONLY send an e-mail to those that sign up.­
Sat, June 29 10AM Run w/Boston Volunteers at Fun Run & walk­
Thank you for your support. I look forward to seeing you at more events! Ciao and keep enjoying life to the fullest! Biagio