addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Social Fun Message Board › Important Social Fun updates and the last party not to be missed

Important Social Fun updates and the last party not to be missed

Biagio
user 3847345
Group Organizer
Burlington, MA
Hi, I hope you all are enjoying some summer fun!

First, the party not to be missed is the lastSaturday Boston Mix + Mingle (M&M) for Multiple Meetup Groups at Wild Rover sign up http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/events/126379252/­ Please note  I will try to set-up more Friday/Saturday night parties here again or find a new spot going forward soon.

It’s time to go over some updates and helpful tips to help make Social Fun more fun!

1. I don’t run every event so please be sure to look for 1 of 46 Assistant Organizers that run event for us. Without them this group would not function.  I thank them for their generous help, which they do not get paid for either just as a reminder to all. Please be sure to thank all our wonderful Assistant Organizers for all their hard work too.

2. I am always looking for more  active/ fun  Organizers. Please e-mail me (Biagio) and let me know your ideas for some events.  Please be friendly, well organized, easy to find with a clear head shot photo on your profile and be able to run at least 2 events monthly, which is easy. If there are no events in your area or if there are event that you would consider running in your area then please step up to be an Assistant Organizer. You’ill be surprised how easy and rewarding this can be!

3. If you have an event ideas, some suggestions, an idea you like to discuss please use the Discussion / Message boards, using this link http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/messages/boards/­

4. Friendly reminder to help to pay the $72 Meetup fee which is due every 6 months. I will be paying another $72 in July 2013. So in 2013 if you have not yet paid the Voluntarily Contribution of $10.655 after your 2nd event, please considered doing so yearly. If you paid last year then it is time to pay again in this New Year, just as a friendly reminder all.  Enjoy life!

The Voluntarily Contribution of $10.65 YEARLY link is located on the left top below the group photo, but above my (Biagio’s) photo on the main Social Fun Meetup view http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/­
Just  click on that’s $10.65 YEARLY  link on the main page. A new pop up window appear in the center of your screen. Follow the instructions to pay via Amazon payment, You’ll be asked to set up an Amazon payment account if you do not have one. Also, you are more than welcome to give your $10 donations directly to me (Biagio) in person if you are not comfortable paying online. Thanks for your support to keep tis group going.

5. If your profile is lacking a clear photo of yourself you will be removed from this group.  If we cannot tell who you are, then we cannot find you at events, so you will be deleted from this group in 1 week. It is this group’s firm policy that all members must have a photo for safety to all Members. We all need to follow this rule.

6.   Please check the Social Fun calendar for future event: http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/#calendar­
There is so much going on and we can’t send e-mail out and reminders for everything.

7.  If an event is full, please check it a couple days and even hours before it starts.  Usually there are late cancellations, and you'll be able to take a spot. Unless that event is closed to new RSVPs of course.

8. If you are a NEW Member and have yet to attend an event no worries the group is friendly and nice as you can see from everyone’s photos. Please do not be shy and make an extras effort to get out there and interact with your fellow Social Fun Members. It’s little work and can be scary at first, but you will make new friends faster than you thought possible……but only if you truly make an effort to get out there and be social and friendly!

9. Meetup is what you make of it. This goes to everyone in the 1000s of Meetup group out there. If things are not going as you expected try to realize you might of read the details of the event wrong. The best way to ask questions is on that event so the host sees it. Please try not to e-mail me too much. That almost never works, since I get 100s of Meetup emails daily.  We’re all adults so I expect no complaining. Instead try to offer a helping hand to try to fix whatever is wrong. Offer to help a host or any new, lost  or confused member. Say hit to someone you see is shy. If someone is not taking to you it is properly,  because you did not  say hi them too! Please be friendly and nice to all. OK?....Give Meetup peace a chance. lol

10. I’m aware you cannot easily find  Social Fun on Meetup so I have been telling  people I meet in public to just look us up on Google under Social Fun Meetup Boston.  We always seem to pop up first under that search. Please tell your friend s, family, co-works or fellow Meetup members in other groups about how find Social Fun is and encourage then to join in our fun.

11. The best way to find out how to get somewhere on the MBTA is ti use this link http://www.mbta.com/­ and type in your start and end point (addresses) on the Rider Tool half way down the page on the left.
12. In order for the group to run smoothly, it is important that there is an accurate headcount for all of our events. The attendance policy is clearly stated in our sign-up page. If you have signed up to attend an event and are not able to make it, please be sure to change your RSVP as soon as possible. Please don't wait until last minute to change and please do not be a 'no show'. This is important for all of our events- not just the dinners at restaurants. 'No show' have a dire impact to the group and all the hard working Organizers and will not be tolerated. If you 'no show'. More than 3 times in a 3 month period you will be removed.
13.  I know we are over do for a yearly Meetup Organizer meeting in person and I know a few of my organizers have asked to meet so I’ll be planning on one so. But in the mean time I’d love it if my Meetup Organizer could please e—mail with their real concerns. OK?
14. Learn how to control/stop Meetup E-mails: http://help.meetup.com/customer/portal/articles/464969-edit-my-email-settings­
Thanks, Enjoy life and Ciao from Biagio