addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Socrates Cafe Louisville Message Board › Why Mental Pictures Can Sway Your Moral Judgment

Why Mental Pictures Can Sway Your Moral Judgment

Ben S.
bsenninger
Louisville, KY
Post #: 1
This segment was on NPR Morning Edition this week. I thought it was interesting.

https://www.npr.org/2...­
A former member
Post #: 337

Pineal Gland Light/created by r.r.lackney
Ben, great reference:"Mental Imagery"

We have learned more about the
…. human brain during my lifetime
than what was known since 1000 BC

The unconsciousness mind,
… The INFINITY ...
within.

We are so much more
… than we can imagine,
more than the physical being
… that stares into my eyes
From within my mirror.

We are travelers in this world
… from the sunsets to the cemetery
From birth ‘til death

We travel between the eternities.

Only the Good
robert

PS: The unconscious mind, it turns out, is most of the mind—not a dark, vestigial place but a creative and enchanted one, where most of the brain’s work gets done. This is the realm of emotions, intuitions, biases, longings, genetic predispositions, personality traits, and social norms:
the realm where character is formed and where our most important life decisions are made

Jeff
JS5000
Group Organizer
Louisville, KY
Post #: 158
Most of what's been learned is the incredible complexity of the brain. It reminds me of a quote from Lyall Watson: "If the brain were so simple that we could understand it, we'd be so simple that we couldn't."